Holiday Dates=Sorting Issue

Data123

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I would like to sort a column and expand it to all the other columns, but I have a column with holidays (dates) listed. Several of my formulas will exclude those dates purposely, by listing the cell numbers by location. When I try to sort a column and expand the sort it moves the holiday dates all over and scrambling them to many cells. Is there a way hide the holiday dates column away from the spreadsheet, but still exclude them in necessary formulas?

Attachments

• holidays.JPG
    holidays.JPG
    11.6 KB · Views: 12

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number
are the holiday dates hard coded or values of formula?
I am too new to understand this sorry. I just created a column named "holidays" and then added the dates shown in the screenshot above. Then in other columns I have the holiday cell numbers shown in the formula to exclude them ie., $M3$M12

Upvote 0
As in when you click in the cell with the date in it, do you see the date, or is there a formula in THAT cell.
IE When you clock on the holiday 1/1/2024, do you see 1/1/2024 or a formula

Upvote 0
As in when you click in the cell with the date in it, do you see the date, or is there a formula in THAT cell.
IE When you clock on the holiday 1/1/2024, do you see 1/1/2024 or a formula
I understand now, thanks for the explanation. I only see a date when I click on 1/1/24 NO formula at all.

Upvote 0
Can you please share a copy of you data in an XL2BB file so we can have a play and identify the cause

Upvote 0
I forgot to ask if I move the "holiday" dates to another sheet and place those dates in A1-A13 the original sheet's formulas already have data in those same cells. If by naming the "holiday" sheet do I then replace the old dates with just the name Holiday in the formula? If so any special characters like $holiday?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anshu121

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back