pure vito

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi All,

I have 2 sheets Data Sheet and Date Data,

Within the data sheet is a list of names and each column after has a date from 01/01/2024 onwards, this sheet contains absences that are marked in different ways per column and name,

I have attached a document with the sheets, with an example of how the data will look,

So what I'm trying to achieve here is in the Date Data sheet is a calendar and a drop down list of names, by selecting the name this should populate the calendar with the absence dates associated with the name,

I have filled in the Date Data sheet with the information that should come through,

This may not be making much sense but I hope the images and document should show what my intention is,

Any help would be greatly apprenticed thanks in advance for your time.

Book 2.xlsm

Attachments

• srhasrhga.JPG
    srhasrhga.JPG
    101.3 KB · Views: 11
  • rewewtwet.JPG
    rewewtwet.JPG
    203.6 KB · Views: 12

Excel Facts

How can you turn a range sideways?
Copy the range. Select a blank cell. Right-click, Paste Special, then choose Transpose.
Does this work?:

I also uploaded the file here: Book 2.xlsm

I added the year to the sheet in B3 (this of course could be hardcoded into the formula)

Book 2.xlsm
BCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZAAABACADAEAFAGAH
5Abdi Guleed
6JanuaryFebruaryMarchApril
7MonTueWedThuFriSatSunMonTueWedThuFriSatSunMonTueWedThuFriSatSunMonTueWedThuFriSatSun
8CCCCCCC HHHH LELELEAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
9CCCCCCCHHHHHHHLELELELELELELEAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
10CCCCCCCHHHHHHHLELELELELELELEAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
11CCCCCCCHHHHHHHLELELELELELELEAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
12CCCHHHHLELELELELELELEAAAA
15MayJuneJulyAugust
16MonTueWedThuFriSatSunMonTueWedThuFriSatSunMonTueWedThuFriSatSunMonTueWedThuFriSatSun
17 TTTTT HHCCCCCCC TTTT
18TTTTTTTHHHHHHHCCCCCCCTTTTTTT
19TTTTTTTHHHHHHHCCCCCCCTTTTTTT
20TTTTTTTHHHHHHHCCCCCCCTTTTTTT
21TTTTTHHHHHHHCCCTTTTTT
24SeptemberOctoberNovemberDecember
25MonTueWedThuFriSatSunMonTueWedThuFriSatSunMonTueWedThuFriSatSunMonTueWedThuFriSatSun
26 C UAUAUAUAUAUA CCC LT
27CCCCCCCUAUAUAUAUAUAUACCCCCCCLTLTLTLTLTLTLT
28CCCCCCCUAUAUAUAUAUAUACCCCCCCLTLTLTLTLTLTLT
29CCCCCCCUAUAUAUAUAUAUACCCCCCCLTLTLTLTLTLTLT
30CCCCCCCUAUAUAUACCCCCCLTLTLTLTLTLTLT
31CLTLT
Date Data
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
D8:J13,AB26:AH31,T26:Z31,L26:R31,D26:J31,AB17:AH22,T17:Z22,L17:R22,D17:J22,AB8:AH13,T8:Z13,L8:R13D8=LET( month,INT((COLUMN()-COLUMN($D$6))/8)+1+INT((ROW()-ROW($D$6))/9)*4, firstDayOfMonth, DATE($B$3,month,1), firstMonday,firstDayOfMonth-WEEKDAY(firstDayOfMonth,3), auxDaysOfMonth,SEQUENCE(37,,firstMonday), daysOfMonth,IF(MONTH(auxDaysOfMonth)=month,auxDaysOfMonth,""), rawAbsenseData,'Data Sheet'!$C$10:$ND$439, absenseData,LEFT(rawAbsenseData,IFERROR(FIND(" ",rawAbsenseData)-1,LEN(rawAbsenseData))), daysData,IFERROR(INDEX(absenseData,MATCH($B$5,'Data Sheet'!$B$10:$B$439,0),MATCH(daysOfMonth,'Data Sheet'!$C$9:$ND$9,0)),""), WRAPROWS(daysData,7,"") )
Dynamic array formulas.
Cells with Data Validation
CellAllowCriteria
B5List='Data Sheet'!$B$10:$B$210

Upvote 1
Solution
Another option
Book 2.xlsm
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZAAABACADAEAFAGAH
5Raja Rehman
6JanuaryFebruaryMarchApril
7MonTueWedThuFriSatSunMonTueWedThuFriSatSunMonTueWedThuFriSatSunMonTueWedThuFriSatSun
8HHHHH   
9LELELTLTT
10UAAAC
Date Data
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
D8:J12D8=LET(m,D6,f,FILTER('Data Sheet'!C10:ND210,'Data Sheet'!B10:B210=B5),af,FILTER(TEXTBEFORE(f&" "," "),TEXT('Data Sheet'!C9:ND9,"mmmm")=m),d,WEEKDAY(DATE(YEAR('Data Sheet'!C9),MONTH("1/"&m),1),2),WRAPROWS(DROP(IF(d>1,HSTACK(EXPAND("",,d-1,""),af),af),,-d+1),7,""))
L8:R12L8=LET(m,L6,f,FILTER('Data Sheet'!C10:ND210,'Data Sheet'!B10:B210=B5),af,FILTER(TEXTBEFORE(f&" "," "),TEXT('Data Sheet'!C9:ND9,"mmmm")=m),d,WEEKDAY(DATE(YEAR('Data Sheet'!C9),MONTH("1/"&m),1),2),WRAPROWS(DROP(IF(d>1,HSTACK(EXPAND("",,d-1,""),af),af),,-d+1),7,""))
T8:Z12T8=LET(m,T6,f,FILTER('Data Sheet'!C10:ND210,'Data Sheet'!B10:B210=B5),af,FILTER(TEXTBEFORE(f&" "," "),TEXT('Data Sheet'!C9:ND9,"mmmm")=m),d,WEEKDAY(DATE(YEAR('Data Sheet'!C9),MONTH("1/"&m),1),2),WRAPROWS(DROP(IF(d>1,HSTACK(EXPAND("",,d-1,""),af),af),,-d+1),7,""))
AB8:AH12AB8=LET(m,AB6,f,FILTER('Data Sheet'!C10:ND210,'Data Sheet'!B10:B210=B5),af,FILTER(TEXTBEFORE(f&" "," "),TEXT('Data Sheet'!C9:ND9,"mmmm")=m),d,WEEKDAY(DATE(YEAR('Data Sheet'!C9),MONTH("1/"&m),1),2),WRAPROWS(DROP(IF(d>1,HSTACK(EXPAND("",,d-1,""),af),af),,-d+1),7,""))
Dynamic array formulas.
Cells with Data Validation
CellAllowCriteria
B5List='Data Sheet'!$B$10:$B$210

Upvote 1
Thank you both very much for taking the time out to complete this task I honestly didn't expect the solution to be so complex in terms of formula but both nailed it but I have gone with the first response I did actually manage a solution last night by simply using a Vlookup this is as far as my knowledge extends 😅 the problem then was conditional formatting but with your solutions you have also solved that problem for me to thanks again your knowledge is always appreciated hat's off

This was the end goal it works perfectly!

Attachments

• wgrwgw.JPG
    wgrwgw.JPG
    118.2 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Glad we could help & thanks for the feedback.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ikke

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back