Homework help ICT/ if() function

florindenis28

I must work sheet. Unfortunately I do not understand how to make some points. I translate below all points and I'll explain where I do not understand.

1. Open the application Microsoft Excel and save the current register in your document "football.xlsx".

2. Enter the first spreadsheet match results of the last round of the national football championship.

3. Depending on the outcome of each match, to complete the four-column table as shown below. You will complete this column using a formula, no manual !

Team 1Team 2ScoreWinning
PestisoriiCarpeta4-4Tie
BlocA. S.Blat3-4A. S.Blat
FrunzaSoare5-4Frunza

<tbody>
</tbody>

Hint: Use the IF() formula.

4. In the second calculation sheet create a table football store names that gave each goal in the last round. You save for each goal, the name of footballer, the team that starred and minutes that gave the goal.

5. Determine the name of the player who scored the most goals in the last round.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/btov50

I have uploaded here I worked so far. Can you help me explaining me how I should do ?

Thanks, Denis.

Excel Facts

Copy PDF to Excel
Select data in PDF. Paste to Microsoft Word. Copy from Word and paste to Excel.
Hi and welcome to the forum.

Firstly, I cannot/will not provide you with an answer, that is for you to work out.
Having said that, I can give you a few hints to assist you.

The score is (I think) entered as TEXT, the fact that the score is on the left hand side of the cell tells me that, along with knowing it would be difficult to enter the score of 4-4 without it trying for automatically format as a date.
If in doubt, test it by typing =ISTEXT(C2) in an cell E2, it should give an answer of TRUE

Next, you will need to isolate the scores into their separate numbers/items.
To do this you can use the LEFT and RIGHT formula.

for example, in cell G3 type the word FREDRICK
In cell H3 use the formula =RIGHT(G3,4) and the result should be RICK, a similar result can be obtained with the LEFT formula to get the result of FRED. Try it with a number other than 4

Then you need to figure out how to use this data in an IF formula.
A standard IF formula looks like .... =IF(Condition1,Then,Else)

You can replace the Else part with another IF statement to produce a nested IF statement.
like this ... =IF(Condition1,Then,IF(Condition2,Then,Else))

The Condition1 may be something like =IF(B9<C9<c9<c9<c9<c9< font="">,"ok","not ok")
</c9<c9<c9<c9<>
<c9< font="">Or you could replace the word "ok" with a cell reference that contains the name of the winning team

If you put this together, you should be on the right lines.

Good luck sir.

Paul.</c9<><c9< font=""></c9<>

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi,
just changing part of the formula so it makes more sense.

The Condition1 may be something like =IF(B9=C9<c9<c9<c9<c9<c9<c9< font="">,"ok","not ok")
</c9<c9<c9<c9<c9<c9<>
<c9< font="" style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); background-color: rgb(250, 250, 250);">Or you could replace the word "ok" with a cell reference that contains the name of the winning team

cheers
Paul.

</c9<>

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peppernaut

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back