Hours between time stamps

Misca

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
This one's a slightly tricky one (to me at least):

I've got two time stamps and I should calculate the difference between in hours. In theory that's not that hard at all but what makes it tricky is they usually have different dates and I should only count the hours from the working days (excluding weekends & holidays). The networkdays-function helps a lot but causes a lot of problems as well because it seems to count each working day as a full date.

I believe I can solve this myself but the end result is not going to be pretty nor straight forward. I bet there must be a simpler solution to this problem but I just can't figure it out.

The time calculation always starts at noon two workdays after the actual time stamp and ends whenever the next time stamp is. If the end time stamp happens to be before the first one the difference is supposed to be minus hours.

Excel Facts

Save Often
If you start asking yourself if now is a good time to save your Excel workbook, the answer is Yes
Your problem is a common one. Calculating net working hours for personnel in shift-work is notoriously difficult. If only there were a native Excel function that would accomplish this, it would make life easier. There are threads in this forum dealing with it, like here. https://www.mrexcel.com/forum/excel-questions/950119-total-hours-call-over-holidays-shifts.html

I urge you to got to Excel User Voice, sign up and vote for this function to be created by the MS Excel team. The suggestion been there for a while, and I don't know why more people don't vote for it. https://excel.uservoice.com/forums/...0730205-create-networkhours-as-a-new-function

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MedDash99

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back