How can I import SharePoint list version data into Power BI

eric5605

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello, I have data on about 100 companies that is fed by a SharePoint list that has versions turned on. Over time, the SharePoint list is updated with new information. For example, as the number of employees changes, it gets updated. What I'd like to do is add a date slicer so a user can slide it back and time and the table showing statistics for those businesses would change to reflect what the data was on that past date. So ABC Company has 1,210 employees as of 9/28, and on 9/10 the employee count was changed from 1,288 to 1,210. I'd like to be able to slide the date slicer to the left and, for example, this record for ABC Company on the table would show1,210 employees until I slide back to 9/10 and before where it would then be 1,288. Basically getting a snapshot of all the data in the chart and view how it changes over time when you slide the date slider back.

I tied the modified filed to a calendar, but the slider is just filtering by all modified dates for any of the 100 company records. Then I tried adding the version records to the slicer and that just added a sublevel to select different version numbers. I'd like all 100 companies to continue to show on the table regardless of where the date slicer is moved to, but just have data change for each record as appropriate to show updates that were made over time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Eric

Excel Facts

Back into an answer in Excel
Use Data, What-If Analysis, Goal Seek to find the correct input cell value to reach a desired result

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teemeren

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back