How can I manipulate this data?

awrygod

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I am setting up a page that will hopefully make it quicker to calculate insurance or client overpayments.

I have this page set up currently so that the total billed amount is inputted into d12, the insurance payment in e12, adjustment in f12, the clients responsibility in g12, clients actual payment in h12, and the refund amount is in i12. Once these values are inputted the results we show at the top as follows: c6=d12, c7=d12, c8=f12, e6=h12, e7=D12-E12-F12-H12, and e8=D12-E12-F12-H12. What I would like to do (idk if its possible, at my current knowledge) I want the clients payment to be reflected only if the insurance payment and adjustment does not exceed the total billed amount. If the total billed amount is met or exceeded then there would be 0.00 client responsibility, and the overpayment will just be shown in the refund amount field. I may have worded this poorly so please feel free to ask any questions so I can try to have it make more sense. Thank you for your Help!

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)
Your formulas in E7 and E8 are identical? Is there a reason for this?

Mr Excel has a tool called xl2bb add in (link below) that allows you to post mini workbooks of your data. please use it. if you cannot use it, then please post a table of your data. Images are not all that helpful, but can give a picture of what you worksheet looks like.

In either case please post expected results and your formulas (wiht xl2bb this is automatic)

You've written a lot that can be misconstrued. And even if clearly written you are asking the forum to recreate your scenario which is time consuming and the forum can have typos and other entry errors. Please help the forum help you.

Thanks in advance!

Upvote 1
Your formulas in E7 and E8 are identical? Is there a reason for this?

Mr Excel has a tool called xl2bb add in (link below) that allows you to post mini workbooks of your data. please use it. if you cannot use it, then please post a table of your data. Images are not all that helpful, but can give a picture of what you worksheet looks like.

In either case please post expected results and your formulas (wiht xl2bb this is automatic)

You've written a lot that can be misconstrued. And even if clearly written you are asking the forum to recreate your scenario which is time consuming and the forum can have typos and other entry errors. Please help the forum help you.

Thanks in advance!
Thank you for the comment, I am looking at that xl2bb now. I also attached a photo for the time in between me figuring that out. And the formula being the same in e7 and e8 has no reason. I just had that copied and at the time wanted the cells to display the same number. I now want to see if I can make the page do a bit more of the thinking for me. Thanks again!
1699288586866.png

Upvote 0
are the amounts in rows 6 thru 8 sums of all amounts in the columns below row 11?

Upvote 1
Yea, I input the data across row 12. then it is displayed again in C 6-8 and E 6-8. Im not sure how to write the formula and for the life of me I cant word it write to google it.
IF c7+c8>c6 then there would be no patient responsibility and the overpayment will just be displayed in e8/i12.

Upvote 0
Yea, I input the data across row 12. then it is displayed again in C 6-8 and E 6-8. Im not sure how to write the formula and for the life of me I cant word it write to google it.
IF c7+c8>c6 then there would be no patient responsibility and the overpayment will just be displayed in e8/i12.

OKay, but that was not really my question. I want to know if you will be putting data in rows 13, 14.... 1000 for this client? And do they need to summed up at the top?

Upvote 1
My Apologies, Yes, I would like for it to be the sum of all the data that is inputted below row 11.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Doanvanhieu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back