How Can I Move Formulas To New Sheet?

rockyw

I want to track production numbers for a month at a time. Each day has it's own sheet, each sheet gets it's data from Sheet 1. If I set up the first sheet, 3/15/11, and add all the formulas getting data from sheet one. When I set up the next sheet, 3/16/11, is there an easy way to get all those formulas to move to the next sheet/day? Each new day would look one row lower than the day before, today would be =A3, tomarrow would be =A4, then A5 ect. Would I have to enter new formulas for each new dau? Thanks

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.

Tigs81

Board Regular
Rockyw

One way that you could do this is setup a template sheet which as a blank page with all the formulas you want on the sheets other than the first sheet. This sheet also has a reference cell which is a value you change to determine what row the sheet is looking at on the first sheet. (As i assume that all the formulas on the same sheet refer to the same row on the first sheet)

This would mean that all you would need to do, is copy the template sheet and change the cell to have the new row to refer to.

an example of the formula might be (Reference cell on template sheet is A1)
if originally the formula looked like this.
Code:
=Sheet1!A10*Sheet1!C10*C5
Then you would change it to
Code:
=INDIRECT(ADDRESS($A$1,1,1,,"Sheet1")*INDIRECT(ADDRESS($A$1,3,1,,"Sheet1")*C5
--The A1 reference cell would have the value 10 in this example.

I hope that makes sense.

Thanks
tigs

Michael M

Office Version
  1. 2013
Platform
  1. Windows
Another option is to copy and paste them all across.
Firstly, do a FIND and REPLACE by replacing all "=" with "#"
Copy and paste to new sheet and then redo the find and replace in reverse order.

rockyw

Where is FIND? is that in a menu? So that will change each formula by changing each by one row down? Thanks

rockyw

OK I found that. I changed = to #, copy, paist in the next sheet, then change # to =. I tried that but I must have done something wrong. Could you explain a little more please. Thanks

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
camronmartin

This Week's Hot Topics