How do I add onto an existing IF statement?

murraythek

Board Regular
Looking to amend a formula for our business that requires trustee calls for applicants in bankruptcy. Currently if the applicants credit scores exceed 520/520 the formula returns a response in cell C31 of "waive the trustee call". If they are below 460/460 the response in cell C31 is "decline the deal".

Our business now wants us to waive the calls if other criteria are met outside of credit scores. I'm trying to amend the current formula but Im stuck.

For reference staff are choosing between 2 drop down list options, F23 is "Yes" (they are in BK and scores must be met to waive the call) or F24 for "Waive Trustee Call" (if staff are willing to waive the call based on other variables) F23 = Yes and F24 = Waive Trustee Call

My addition is in bold/italics. Am I doing this correctly?

=IF(OR(B30=F23),IF(AND(B33>=520,B31>=520),"Waive Trustee Call",IF(AND(B33<460,B31<460),"Decline the Deal","Requires Trustee Call")),"No Trustee Call Required"), IF(OR(B30=F24),"Waive Trustee Call","No Trustee Call Required")

Adding the BOLD section returns a #value and Im stuck as to why.

Excel Facts

Best way to learn Power Query?
Read M is for (Data) Monkey book by Ken Puls and Miguel Escobar. It is the complete guide to Power Query.
This formula won't work. You are just connecting two separate IF functions with a comma.

Second, this expression OR(B30=F24) doesn't make sense because there is only one condition inside the OR. Not sure what you are intending here.

To give the correct formula, we need to understand a bit more about the logic you want to use.

What is in B30?

Under what conditions do you want to use the logic for what is in B30, and when do you want to use all the other logic you started with?

You have two different ways to end up with "Waive Trustee Call" and "No Trustee Call Required" but the conditions are not mutually exclusive. The logic is a bit of a pretzel.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stevenciu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back