How do i get a Combox to output more than one cell of data

kjruth

Suppose I have a sheet with a table of data on it, 10 columns(C4:L4) and 13 corresponding rows (C4:C16) and each cell is filled with data that corresponds to the first column.

I want to have a Combo box in a sheet (active x control) that has the first Column displayed in it and when a value is chosen from the combo box it should then output the rest of the corresponding row data. by default it will display data from the first column in a single cell, and I can change it to display what ever column of data into that cell but I want it to display the entire row of data not just data into a single cell...:confused:

ex. I select the 2nd item in the combo box and it displays the entire 2nd row of data into my linked cell/range (C20:L20)

There has to be a way to do this, any help is appreciated!

Thanks in advance

Excel Facts

Copy formula down without changing references
If you have =SUM(F2:F49) in F50; type Alt+' in F51 to copy =SUM(F2:F49) to F51, leaving the formula in edit mode. Change SUM to COUNT.
I have used vlookup and when I used it, it only returns one/single value (it looks up the data from the first column but then only returns the single cell from the column index i choose) I need to return the entire row of data after selecting the corresponding value from the first column....

Andrew, you posted a response on another post, that is similar to this one but I couldn't integrate your response to my sheet and make it work...

http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63206

Thanks for the quick response

Upvote 0
I think that's what I will have to do, I wanted something cleaner I guess, after your reply I was working on just that I just didn't want to have formulas in those cells (maybe so you could manually change a value to see what impact it would have). This will work till I find or learn a better way to do it...

hmmm (light bulb) i guess I could set the cells = to vlookup in vba so that it puts it into the sheet and corrisponding cells....I work on that for now but again thanks for the response

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lancelots

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back