How do I stop Microsoft wending me a message in the Formula Bar?

COAllonby

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Approximately once a month when I fire up Excel I get a grey banner message in the Formula Bar saying something along the lines of "Make that last minute adjustment ....". If I ignore the message, it reappears from time to time when I start Excel, until I click the 'Got It' button which is part of the message. I'm then taken to an IE11 window (not Edge) with details of this wonderful feature that I assume Microsoft are trying to promote. The message then goes away for another month or so. How do I stop this annoyance? I've contacted Microsoft Support but they couldn't tell me how to stop it. I know it's not a big deal, but I find it annoying that they keep nagging me like this. Thanks, Chris.

Excel Facts

How to show all formulas in Excel?
Press Ctrl+` to show all formulas. Press it again to toggle back to numbers. The grave accent is often under the tilde on US keyboards.
First of all Chris, welcome to the forums. I want to thank you for taking all of those notifications for the team! That's why I'm not getting them.

I did a couple Google searches and looked at Excel settings to no avail. I don't remember seeing feature "advertisements" on the banner.

Upvote 0
Thanks Jeffrey. Yes, I'm taking it for everyone else it seems :)

I couldn't find anything either. Next time it happens I'll post an image on this thread.

Upvote 0
Thanks Jeffrey. Yes, I'm taking it for everyone else it seems :)

I couldn't find anything either. Next time it happens I'll post an image on this thread.
One month on - again - and this is what I get. If I don't click 'Get started', I keep getting nagged every day or two until I do so, and then it goes away for a month. On clicking 'Get started' an Edge page is loaded with info about the Office Mobile App. I have no interest in the mobile app. How might I stop this irritation?
Thanks,
Chris.
Microsoft Nag.png

Upvote 0
Only things I can think of is turning off Policy Tips

1700690929952.png

Or possibly turning off connected experiences File > Account > Manage Settings

1700691240767.png

Upvote 0
Thanks Mark. I already had Policy Tips off, but I've now turned off Connected Experiences as well, so I'll see how it goes. I seem to recall turning off the experiences limits some functionality, but I'll give it a go anyway.

Upvote 0
See the link at the bottom of my last post
Yes, just tried it, and Cloud access has gone right across the Office suite, so I can't save files to the Cloud. Not good! I'll have to reinstate it.

Upvote 0
I, too, feel for you. I think turning off macros is also another MS intrusion that they think is a security protection. Let me decide...not you, MS.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bes000

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back