How do you delete values in a cell based on the cell color (black)

mathewwheeler

Right now, I have the rows conditionally formatted (to become black) based on the value in column B. If there are values in row 7, but B7 changes cells D7:K7 to be formatted black, how can I automatically delete the values in cells D7:K7 based on the conditional format?

@mathewwheeler
For future reference
Please do not post the same question multiple times. All clarifications, follow-ups, and bumps should be posted back to the original thread. (rule 12 here: Forum Rules).

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.
Question - Is there a way to clear content greater than the value in column C? Column B is the start date, but if I have an end date in column C, is there a way to clear content based on the conditional formatting (if reference value is less than column B or greater than column C, cell color is black)?

Marcelo, I will remove the other post. Apologies for the duplicate.

Upvote 0
Not sure I understand.
The code as it stands will clear any cell in the range C:BJ if it is black

Upvote 0
Question - Is there a way to clear content greater than the value in column C? Column B is the start date, but if I have an end date in column C, is there a way to clear content based on the conditional formatting (if reference value is less than column B or greater than column C, cell color is black)?

Marcelo, I will remove the other post. Apologies for the duplicate.

The code i suggested in your original post compares the value entered in column B with Ref Values in row 5 as you asked for. Conditional Format (black) is not relevant since the code converts the text in column B (YR1 M5 for example) in a number. Have you tried it?

M.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
@Fluff - you are right... sorry! I just made a slight adjustment and changed the Intersect(Target, Range("B:C") to trigger anytime either column is changed.

Thanks again, and my apologies for the duplicate thread... I'm new and did not think to review the forum rules.

Upvote 0
Glad it's sorted & thanks for the feedback

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HellScout

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back