How to convert calendar days to business days

JTG

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,
I need a formula that will convert calendar days to workdays. I only have the start date and number of calendar days. I would then add the workdays to the start date to determine the actual end date. From there I would add one business day to provide the next start date using the same number of calendar days to determine the next end date. I don't have the info required to use either the workday or network days function. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.
If you know the number of calendar days then it's just Start date + calendar days.

Upvote 0
If you know the number of calendar days then it's just Start date + calendar days.
Thank you very much, I can't believe how simple this was. I feel like a complete fool. I didn't realize that by just adding the number of days to the start date would take into account weekends or holidays

Upvote 0
It won't take weekends or holidays into account, it will just give a date x calendar later.
Is that not what you wanted?

Upvote 0
It won't take weekends or holidays into account, it will just give a date x calendar later.
Is that not what you wanted?
I need to account for weekends and holidays.

Upvote 0
If you had a start date of 1st May 23 & added 15 calendar days should the result be 16th May? If not what should it be?

Upvote 0
A little additional background on what I'm trying to do. I am building out a deployment schedule and need to identify the end date for wave 1 and the start date for wave 2, the start date of wave 2 would be the next business day after wave 1 has completed. I have the deployment start date and number of calendar days, (the work can only be done on workdays, minus weekends and holidays.) The workday formula will only allow the # of workdays to be added to the start date minus the holiday schedule. The networkdays formula requires start & end date minus holidays. Since this is a multi-year project the number of workdays available over a 90 day period will change each quarter depending on the holidays that fall within the range. Hope this makes sense.
Holidays
Start Date of wave 1​
11/1/2023​
11/23/2023
Calendar Days​
90​
11/24/2023
End Date of wave 1 needs to exclude weekends and holidays​
???​
12/25/2023
Start Date of wave 2​
???1/1/2024
Calendar Days​
905/27/2024
End Date of wave 2 needs to exclude weekends and holidays​
???7/4/2024
Start Date of wave 3….​
???9/2/2024

Upvote 0
Can you please answer my question?

Upvote 0
try:

Mr excel questions 35.xlsm
ABC
1Holidays
2Start Date of wave 12023-11-012023-11-23
3Calendar Days902023-11-24
4End Date of wave 1 needs to exclude weekends and holidays2024-03-122023-12-25
5Start Date of wave 22024-03-132024-01-01
6Calendar Days902024-05-27
7End Date of wave 2 needs to exclude weekends and holidays2024-07-192024-07-04
8Start Date of wave 3….2024-09-02
JTG
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
B4,B7B4=WORKDAY.INTL(B2,B3,1,$C$2:$C$8)
B5B5=WORKDAY.INTL(B4,1,1,$C$2:$C$8)

Upvote 0
That does not use calendar days, but workdays. Which is why I'm trying to get clarification on what is needed as the OP originally said that adding the days to the date worked.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaagu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back