How to disable wrap text permanently?

man

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2021
Platform
  1. Windows
Sometimes I type text in a cell and the [Wrap Text] button automatic pressed down. (screenshot 1)

I do not want the [Wrap Text] button to be pressed down permanently. I want it to look like screenshot 2 permanently

How to disable wrap text permanently? Thanks.

screenshot 1
wrap text button is press down (i do not want).PNG

screenshot 2
wrap text button is not press down (i want it).PNG

Alternative ways to get there are:
• Home > Paste click on the Drop down > Right at the bottom click on Paste Special > then 3rd button from the top is "Values"
OR
• Ctrl+Alt+V > then 3rd button from the top is "Values"
1714283281519.png

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.
Alternative ways to get there are:
• Home > Paste click on the Drop down > Right at the bottom click on Paste Special > then 3rd button from the top is "Values"
OR
View attachment 110625

I followed both steps and both show me this Paste Special screenshot that looks different from your Paste Special screenshot
My Paste Special screenshot
paste special.PNG

Upvote 0
What is the data source you are copying from ?
In terms of that box use the Text option, and let us know if that gives you a satisfactory result or not.

Upvote 0
I copy the text in post #4 of this thread How to disable wrap text permanently? then I single left click on A1 cell then I do
OR
then I select [Text] option shown in post #12 screenshot and click ok, the result is not what I wanted because the text is pasted in many cells and rows, this is the screenshot
paste special 654om.PNG

----------
I copy the text in post #4 of this thread How to disable wrap text permanently? then I double left click on A1 cell then there I tried to do
OR
but Paste Special is greyed out, so unable to use Paste Special so nothing is pasted.

----------
I tried copy from other sites (e.g. 8 paragraphs from Software testing - Wikipedia ) and repeat what I have done, then result is the same. My data source is usually from different websites.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If you want it all in the one cell copy it into the edit box.
Unless you are just copying in a sentence here and there, it sounds like excel is the wrong tool for what you are trying to do.

Upvote 0
If you want it all in the one cell copy it into the edit box.
Unless you are just copying in a sentence here and there, it sounds like excel is the wrong tool for what you are trying to do.
I copy all text I want together (select all the text and right click and select copy) then paste into the edit box, after pasting the Wrap Text button will auto be pressed down by Excel software.

I did a video on showing copy all text from (e.g. 8 paragraphs from Software testing - Wikipedia ) then double left click a cell to show Paste Special greyed out, then double left click a cell then use the normal paste to paste into a cell and edit box then the auto [Wrap Text] button is auto pressed by Excel 2021
How to preveent [Wrap Text] button automatically pressed by Excel after I paste anything into a cell? I want to forever disable Wrap Text.

Upvote 0
I am not sure that Excel is the appropriate tool for what you are doing.
I would use OneNote Clipper and send the web page to OneNote.

If you have to have it in one cell in Excel. Then I would suggest that you will get a better result with with Word Wrap turned on but what you want to do is widen the column width to something that makes sense.
So make the column width reasonably wide then paste the content into the Cell's edit box.

Book3
AB
1Software testing is the act of checking whether software satisfies expectations. Software testing can provide objective, independent information about the quality of software and the risk of its failure to a user or sponsor.[1] Software testing can determine the correctness of software for specific scenarios, but cannot determine correctness for all scenarios.[2] [3] Based on criteria for measuring correctness from a oracle, software testing employs principles and mechanisms that might recognize a problem. Examples of oracles include: specifications, contracts,[4] comparable products, past versions of the same product, inferences about intended or expected purpose, user or customer expectations, relevant standards, applicable laws. Software testing is often dynamic in nature; running the software to verify actual output matches expected. It can also be static in nature; reviewing code and associated documentation.
Sheet1

Upvote 0
I want every row to be same height, if I want to see the info in the cell, I would left click once and read the info displayed in the top Edit box. My sheet after paste in text inside a cell should look like this (without me clicking the Wrap Text button after every time I paste into a cell) screenshot
final result-min.png

Example: I copy text from Software testing - Wikipedia and paste into A1, A2, A3, the [Wrap Text] button is auto pressed after I have pasted into A1, A2, A3. I unpress the [Wrap Text] button then save the file, then I copy text and paste into A4, A5, A6 the same problem the [Wrap Text] button is auto pressed after I have pasted into A4, A5, A6, I have made a video to show it

I have selected all my cells then click to unpress that [Wrap Text] button to prevent wrapping then save the file, but the [Wrap Text] button is auto pressed after I have pasted text into a cell.

I only have one question. How to prevent [Wrap Text] button automatically pressed by Excel after I paste anything into one cell in a .xlsx file?

Upvote 0
Right-click on the sheet name. Insert this code. It should unwrap anything you paste into column A. See if this works for you.
VBA Code:
Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
    Dim rng As Range
    If Not Intersect(Target, Me.Columns("A")) Is Nothing Then
        Application.EnableEvents = False
        For Each rng In Target
            rng.WrapText = False
        Next rng
        Application.EnableEvents = True
    End If
End Sub

Upvote 0
Right-click on the sheet name. Insert this code. It should unwrap anything you paste into column A. See if this works for you.
VBA Code:
Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
    Dim rng As Range
    If Not Intersect(Target, Me.Columns("A")) Is Nothing Then
        Application.EnableEvents = False
        For Each rng In Target
            rng.WrapText = False
        Next rng
        Application.EnableEvents = True
    End If
End Sub
How to "Right-click on the sheet name. Insert this code."?

I right click the sheet name Sheet1 then I see this screenshot then I click Insert
right click sheet 1.PNG

then I see this
right click sheet 1 insert.PNG

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yap999

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back