How to display combinations from a data set so i can then filter ?

me2012

So my mates and i would love to have some numbers to play with on keno while having a beer , and maybe win occasionally :LOL:

I have searched the net and this forum , but im still stuck. Closest being this
Code:
http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/excel-questions/626608-lottery-results-check-please-help.html

** What i need is a formula/s (VBA & macros r beyond me) to display how many times a combination set of numbers has occurred from a data set.
Starting from 1 to 8,145,060 (6 from 45) combination's and then to check each line to the drawn numbers (data set) to find out hot/cold atm sets.

I know how to use the filters so im ok there (to sort out what i want) , and yes i know keno is an 80 number game, but I just ignore the last 35 numbers to give me better odds.

What i have so far :

I'm currently using Excel 2007

Each Sheet ( 1 to 9 ) has 1,000,000 combinations (please see pic below) ** ignore Column H for the moment its not what i need **

taphsw.jpg

And Sheet 10 has the Draw History ( data set ) please see pic below ** Currently it has 16,000 draws (2 months worth) i will MAX it out at 20,000.

23l1kwp.jpg

What i need help with :

1. I need column H on each of the nine sheets to display how many times , 4 of the numbers in that lines combination have occurred from the data set in sheet 10.
I need column I on each of the nine sheets to display how many times , 5 of the numbers in that lines combination have occurred from the data set in sheet 10.
3. I need column J on each of the nine sheets to display how many times , 6 of the numbers in that lines combination have occurred from the data set in sheet 10.

I can then use filters for the info im after
;)

I have no idea how to go about this and any help/pointers in the right direction to achieve this would be greatly appreciated ( free beers )

Thank You for Reading.

ps :

If anyone wants the workbook (.xlsx) to help me or try their own system i have uploaded here (152mb .rar) :
Code:
http://ul.to/75ckwp3i
Original Site where i got the Combinations :
Code:
https://sites.google.com/site/australianlottostatistic/anouncements/whatsnew

Excel Facts

Copy PDF to Excel
Select data in PDF. Paste to Microsoft Word. Copy from Word and paste to Excel.
PICK2724334549winners1721333746
WINNING NUMBERS010100
^
FORMULA IN MARKED CELL
IF(ISERROR(MATCH(B1,$L$1:$Q$1,0)),0,1)

<colgroup><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col></colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

Upvote 0
PICK2724334549winners1721333746
WINNING NUMBERS010100
^
FORMULA IN MARKED CELL
IF(ISERROR(MATCH(B1,$L$1:$Q$1,0)),0,1)

<tbody>
</tbody>

@oldbrewer Thanks for replying , but i cant get that Formula to work with my criteria :

1. I need column H on each of the nine sheets to display how many times (Total) , 4 of the numbers in that lines combination have occurred from the data set in sheet 10.
I need column I on each of the nine sheets to display how many times (Total) , 5 of the numbers in that lines combination have occurred from the data set in sheet 10.
3. I need column J on each of the nine sheets to display how many times (Total) , 6 of the numbers in that lines combination have occurred from the data set in sheet 10.

because after this i would like to know on average how many draws since these events last occurred, maybe i need more than just a formula to achieve this.

-------- A ------ -B -C- D- E- F- G - --H - I --- J ------ K (Average draws for J )
eg :---Set 1 --- 1- 2 -3 - 4 -5 - 6 --- 150 -90 -33 --- 690

And Yes its pure chance especially with a mechanical lotto system, but Keno is purely electronic using a pseudo random number generator with a static seed ( that they cant change by law) so cycles in number combinations will be easier to predict with enough data.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
the example I gave was for one "try" - If you had a thousand tries you could SUM the number of 1's in each row and use countif sum=4, 5 and 6

enough data = billions and Excel ain't big enough.......

try it - BUT to generate your "tries" you will need a random number generator - I used one once that generated a random seed and used that random number in a macro to cause a time delay then take the present time in format hh:mm:ss:000 and used the middle of the last 3 digits to add to a random prime number to seed my generator and give me my number....

Upvote 0
the example I gave was for one "try" - If you had a thousand tries you could SUM the number of 1's in each row and use countif sum=4, 5 and 6

enough data = billions and Excel ain't big enough.......

try it - BUT to generate your "tries" you will need a random number generator - I used one once that generated a random seed and used that random number in a macro to cause a time delay then take the present time in format hh:mm:ss:000 and used the middle of the last 3 digits to add to a random prime number to seed my generator and give me my number....

@oldbrewer mate i a Hired a Freelancer to do this project for me , he used VBA and macros to do exactly what i needed + some really nice extras in 1 day, the resulting data was as expected and scraping the data is now dead easy.

Thanx for your help anyway, much appreciated. ( and yes summing with countif was what i was trying , but the freelancer showed me a more efficient way to do it ).

Quick Summary of the Results Im getting so far if your interested :

Stats eg : 15,000 draws on Sheet 10 checked against 10 combinations on sheet 1 takes 0:20sec ( 16Gb , I5 core , 64 bit )

1. It dosen't matter to a point (at least 10,000 draws) how many game draws it has , the resulting data is the same. ( Doubling up on the same result )
2. The resulting data is in pockets ( as expected ) and the timing between events on certain combinations is yielding promising results.
3. Say if i only look at every 100th drawing or 50th drawing etc , the timing between events on certain combinations is better than expected (still crunching the numbers on that ,Time will tell ).

Question : Is it possible to somehow reverse engineer the SEED from a set of Drawings that uses a pseudo random number generator (with a static seed) to produce the Draws using Excel ?

Then i could just run them in parallel and know exactly whats going to happen and when :LOL:

Upvote 0
set up a pyramid scam - invite people to invest in your scheme - pay them 10% to attract new members - then after 2 weeks run for the hills.....

Upvote 0
Ha ha ha , yes much easier (old school)

- Watch me be a mod without being one

Thread Closed

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MhammadishaqKhan

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back