How to Export whole VBA project and allow apply it to any Excel document for end-user?

AlexExcel2021

Office Version
  1. 2021
Platform
  1. Windows
In my project I have Form, Module, Worksheet events and Sheet events. How to export all project and allow end-user apply this project to any Excel documents? This is a simple first point.
And second point - I need something installer project to allow me distribute my VBA application (like MSI-installer), to allow user click for something installation file and receive my application as icon on Excel titlebar.
I have read something about VSTO project, something about Excel add-ins (*.XLAM), but this is my first project for end-user, and I don't understand what technology is really cool for developer and simply to use for end-user?

Excel Facts

Copy a format multiple times
Select a formatted range. Double-click the Format Painter (left side of Home tab). You can paste formatting multiple times. Esc to stop
No trivial task.
The easiest is through an Add-in. But in order that the users can quickly find your macro, your add-in will need to add a button on the Excel toolbar. That in itself is a small project.
Once you have tested your workbook code to do all the right stuff (check if the button exists, if not create. Run the required code when pressed. Remove the button when the workbook is unloaded), you can then save the workbook as an add-in.

Then test it as an add-in.

Finally send it to the end-users with instructions where to save the add-in.

Upvote 0
@sijpie , Thank you. But I can not understand - how to install Toolbar (ribbon) and add-in to Excel. What is installation process at all. Usually installation process started from import developer's certificate. and then? Where is full description of workflow to distribute own ribbon, own add-ins? Usually we can see millions examples to any aspects of distribution any kind of software, but ... except Excel add-ins and custom Excel ribbon, isn't it?

Upvote 0
This link may be useful:

Upvote 0
@sijpie , this example is cool and workable. But I have no understand where is definition of sub GetVisible, GetImage, GetLabel, GetScreentip, GetSize, GetVisible
and how exactly this example related to MS documentation [MS-CUSTOMUI2]: Ribbon and Backstage Customizations
In MS Documents I see only descriptions of something XML schemas, that schemas look as static ribbon description and after reading MS documentation I understand that I need only prepare something static XML files and Excel engine shows custom ribbon follow XML description.

Upvote 0
Hi Alex,

I cant help you really, as I have never done this (ribbon changes) myself. I have looked at it, but got confused as well. So you will need to look for additional help on the internet.

If this is for work, then you could get MrExcel to create this for the company.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back