How to filter a subtotal in a pivot table

TODDLL

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2010
I have a pivot table with a column called "Name". I have another column called "Qualified". The Name column can have the same name listed in mutiple rows. Each row under the "Qualified" column will have either a 1 or a 0.
I would like to sum the Qualified column by the Name column. If the sum of all rows for a specific name is "0", I want to only display those names.
I set up the Qualified column in Values, not Row Labels and set it to SUM. Just can't figure out how to filter that column by the sub total

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.
Hello.
If I am getting your query right then this can be easily done by applying the value filter in the pivot table and applying equal to zero.
I am attaching the image of the process, for making steps clear to you, also the excel output. I hope this help you.

Best Regards.
Book2
ABCDEFG
1namesqualifiedRow LabelsSum of qualified
2ankit0ankit0
3punit0Grand Total0
4ankit0
5punit1
6ankit0
7neha1
8riya1
9rahul1
10neha0
11riya0
12rahul1
13ankit0
14punit0
15neha1
Sheet1
Untitled.jpg

Upvote 0
Thank you for the quick response. When I click on the dropdown list in the names column, I do not have the "Value Filters" option, only text filter and color filter option. My pivot table has multiple columns, not just the name and qualified columns. Does that have something to do with it?

Upvote 0
Thank you for the quick response. When I click on the dropdown list in the names column, I do not have the "Value Filters" option, only text filter and color filter option. My pivot table has multiple columns, not just the name and qualified columns. Does that have something to do with it?
Hello, Can you please tell the Excel version you are using ?

Upvote 0
Excel 2010. I decided to start from scratch again using my data, and now, I do have the value filter option available in the drop down list, so something must be messed up in my original file. You have been extremely helpful, and this has accomplished what I was looking for. Thank you so much. I was thinking it was much more complicated than it turned out to be.

Upvote 0
Excel 2010. I decided to start from scratch again using my data, and now, I do have the value filter option available in the drop down list, so something must be messed up in my original file. You have been extremely helpful, and this has accomplished what I was looking for. Thank you so much. I was thinking it was much more complicated than it turned out to be.
Happy to help. Keep going with your work.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teemeren

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back