How to get Specific Field to Print in Bold in Query, please?

PurrSent

Board Regular
Running Windows 10 21H2 (19044.2251)
MS Access 2019

I have a Query in Access. Very simple, Names & Addresses, for labels. I would like to be able to print 'Town' in BOLD when printing. Is there an 'easy' way to achieve this, please?

Many thanks :)

Excel Facts

Which came first: VisiCalc or Lotus 1-2-3?
Dan Bricklin and Bob Frankston debuted VisiCalc in 1979 as a Visible Calculator. Lotus 1-2-3 debuted in the early 1980's, from Mitch Kapor.
Only if the table field is Long Text (Memo) type and formatted as rtf. At least that's what you'd need to do to see such results in a form, and if I recall correctly, it should work in a query also.
EDIT - to clarify, you'd need to bold that text in the table.

Upvote 0
Thanks @Micron
I've changed the field (Main List) to Long Text and changed the format of that field to rtf. Then I've gone to the Main Table and changed the text of the first few, in that field, to Bold.

Unfortunately, when using Word 2019 Mail Merge (Labels) it still shows non-bold in that field so obviously won't print bold.

I really appreciate you trying but this just doesn't have the desired effect. Thanks very much, though

Upvote 0
You did not mention there was a Mail Merge involved originally. That is a very important detail!

I do not think formatting carries over on Mail Merges, so I think any formatting must be done on the Word side (in the Mail Merge template), not the Access side.
See here: Change Mail Merge Formatting of Merge Fields in a Word Document

Upvote 0
Solution
My sincere apologies. I should have known better than to mistakenly not include the fact I was using Word for MailMerge to labels. I fully appreciate how that makes a significant difference to my query. I feel suitably guilty for not giving the full details I needed to.

However, the post from @Joe4 included a link to document regarding formatting Merge Fields, which I did read and managed to get the bold formatting I wanted. I have no idea if your suggestion, @Micron, had any effect on the outcome, to be honest, but I certainly thank you for your help too.

I've marked the post of Joe4's to be the solution but recognise that Micron also had significant input.

Thanks guys for your help. Again, sincere apologies for mistakenly omitting vital information.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
provoking

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back