How to hide all "Yes" cells in a Y/N column?

scottnsd

I'm tasked with printing out an event registration report in Excel 2007 and then print many copies for check in.

One of the columns has "Yes" or "No" in the cells. I want to make the "No" cells very visible. One way would be to hide all the "Yes" cells - not the rows (we need that info).

Another would be to convert the "No" to ALL CAPS and bold.

Which would be easier for this novice Excel user to do?

Is there an easier way I've overlooked? There are too many for me to easily & accurately highlight manually.

Thanks,
Scott

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)
I'm tasked with printing out an event registration report in Excel 2007 and then print many copies for check in.

One of the columns has "Yes" or "No" in the cells. I want to make the "No" cells very visible. One way would be to hide all the "Yes" cells - not the rows (we need that info).

Another would be to convert the "No" to ALL CAPS and bold.

Which would be easier for this novice Excel user to do?

Is there an easier way I've overlooked? There are too many for me to easily & accurately highlight manually.
One way would be to use Conditional Formatting turning the font color to white if the cell contains "Yes". Let's assume the column with your "Yes" and "No" values is Column E. Select that column and click the "Conditional Formatting" icon on the "Styles" panel of the "Home" tab and select "New Rule.." from the popup menu. When the dialog box appears, select the item in the top table labeled "Format only cells that contain" and in the bottom panel, change the second drop down to "equal to" and type "Yes" in the last field (but do not include the quote marks... I just used them to set the word off from the rest of the text). Then click the "Format" button, Font tab and click the Color drop down and select the white color, then click OK twice. If you did it correctly, the word Yes will be white on a white background and, hence, "invisible".

Upvote 0
Have you looked at conditional formatting?
Select your column and apply a Conditional Format from Home/Styles menu [Keys: ALT, H, L]

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LML2892

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back