how to insert image into reply?

I am running on a 64bit system.
Not certain whether you are referring to Operating System or Excel.
Excel 2010 64 bit will not work with MrExcel HTMLMaker or Excel jeanie.
Excel 2010 32 bit operating on Windows 32 bit or Windows 64 bit works with both of the above HTML Makers.

Excel 2010 64 bit will not work with MrExcel HTMLMaker or Excel jeanie.
I'm running the 64 bit version of Office, so thanks for that update; it will save me a lot of time and frustration.

I can post screenshots; using Pixentral, but how would I post a copy of a spreadsheet for analysis if I can't use those options?

See Borders-Copy-Paste in my signature or the only other option (and Peter will hate me for saying this as we shouldn't take anything off the board but I can't think of any other options) is to use a free file hosting site like Box.com and post a link here.

Actually thinking about it there are a couple of other options but I will have to check if it is ok to post them here and I can't do that until late tonight.

Perhaps Peter will have some other ideas

See Borders-Copy-Paste in my signature
Ok, I'll check that out Mark but...

use a free file hosting site like Box.com and post a link here.

I have a "Box" account; I have seldom used it, so I tend to forget I have it :rolleyes:

I think that might be the easiest option; but I will still checkout the Borders link to see which one is the easiest to setup and use.

Thanks for the F/U

If you can get it to work (you have to be using internet explorer) then use B-C-P.

There are s couple of reasons for this.

First the moderators prefer you not to take it off the board, the reason being is posters tend to delete the file eventually and so when others are searching for solutions the thread is incomplete.

The second reason is some members for security reasons either don't want to or can't download files.

BTW the other options I eluded to are dead ends as they currently aren't set-up for 64 bit office.

All the best

That's not correct, unless 64 bit version. Here's proof today. Where did you download the MrExcelMaker from (there have been different versions in different locations)? As far as I am aware, the latest version can be found at the link in my signature block (& Mark's) and it is the HtmlMaker20101230.zip that you have to download. There is an instruction file in that zip.

I was not asked for an activation code when I installed that version.

I do have the right zip file, but I have the 64 bit version of XL 2010 and this note seems to indicate that there is a compatability issue; however,

Note: the current version is only intended to work in Excel versions 2000 to 2003 although it will also work in xl2007 with a more limited user interface. As it currently stands it won’t function in earlier versions at all. It you feel confident about your abilities, please feel free to modify the code as required to make it work with your version of Excel.

I did move the xls file to the Add-in folder as instructed in the guide. Then I opened XL and tried to find the MrExcel menu by right clicking on the selected range.

1tqQh7R4VguwA3mCRVRP9Dt9Yz3w80_thumb.jpg
[/IMG]

The Image method apparently not very effective; here the link where you can actually see it.

The Image method apparently not very effective

Effectiveness of the image varies from what I have seen in various posts but the big problem with using images is members can't copy the data into an Excel sheet and a lot of posters (me included) don't like / want to manually retype the data and so skip the thread.

I do have the right zip file, but I have the 64 bit version of XL 2010 and this note seems to indicate that there is a compatability issue; however,

Note: the current version is only intended to work in Excel versions 2000 to 2003 although it will also work in xl2007 with a more limited user interface. As it currently stands it won’t function in earlier versions at all. It you feel confident about your abilities, please feel free to modify the code as required to make it work with your version of Excel.

Mike, I thought what Peter said would have cleared up any confusion but I'll try...

The statement above doesn't mention 2010 at all just because it was written before 2010 was released.
Both Html maker and Excel Jeanie work with 2010 but only with the 32 bit version (see the link Here which I have posted using both with Excel 2010 32 bit).

Neither Html maker or Excel Jeanie are compatible with 64 bit Office / Excel.

Effectiveness of the image varies from what I have seen in various posts but the big problem with using images is members can't copy the data into an Excel sheet and a lot of posters (me included) don't like / want to manually retype the data and so skip the thread.

When I post an image it's usually a screenshot; see the example I posted to Pete earlier. I just wanted him to see where I put the file and what I was seeing and why I was confused.

I understand the need for a different method when it comes to code. Would adding code tags in posde code accomplish the same thing?

Mike, I thought what Peter said would have cleared up any confusion but I'll try...

I just got a post from him saying I was wrong about my understanding of the 2010 comparability issue. Of course I didn't know about the date issue but Pete gave me a "current" link and I have it now; but the guide that is included in the zipped file still has this warning:

the current version is only intended to work in Excel versions 2000 to 2003 although it will also work in xl2007 with a more limited user interface. As it currently stands it won’t function in earlier versions at all. It you feel confident about your abilities, please feel free to modify the code as required to make it work with your version of Excel.

So I think my confusion is well founded.

Check out my last post to Pete to see where I am with this issue at this point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
natalia188

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back