How to lookup values across multiple sheets and return which sheet it's on

finch_tiff

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi,

I am new to formula's. I only know the basics. I have a spreadsheet of our work program, the first tab has a list of all our sites we cover and then there are tabs along the bottom with all the teams and the sites are in the teams linked with reference numbers. I would like to recall the tab name on to the front sheet, so you can see at glance what team the sites are in. But the reference numbers I want to search are in two columns only, I don't want it to search the whole sheet. Is this possible. Please see attached picture for more information.

I have the below formula in at the moment, which is searching just column A on the teams tab, but I need it to search column A and column K only. Is this possible? Does that make sense? I'm not sure if I've explained that clearly.

=IFERROR(INDEX(Lookup_sheets,MATCH(TRUE,COUNTIF(INDIRECT("'"&Lookup_sheets1&"'!A:A"),A2)>0,0)),"NA")

Capture.JPG

Excel Facts

How to show all formulas in Excel?
Press Ctrl+` to show all formulas. Press it again to toggle back to numbers. The grave accent is often under the tilde on US keyboards.
Try...

Excel Formula:
=IFERROR(INDEX(Lookup_sheets1,MATCH(TRUE,(COUNTIF(INDIRECT("'"&Lookup_sheets1&"'!A:A"),A2)+COUNTIF(INDIRECT("'"&Lookup_sheets1&"'!K:K"),A2))>0,0)),"NA")

Hope this helps!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ikke

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back