How to record receipts against a payment. (VBA or UDF), Prefer VBA

mshafeeque49

Hello
I have 2 tables, first table contains many invoices in date order. The second table contains payments. Some payments can be for more than 1 invoice. Some payments can be for part of an invoice. Oldest Invoices are Paid first.
What I want to do is to create 2 additional columns on the invoice table. One column having paid, not paid or partially paid and the second column with the date it was paid.
I want the the formula to be able to look over at the payment table and tell me that it is paid or not.

The hard part is this: The payment table has several different payments on different dates. So the formula needs to know if a payment is already used up by previous invoices and skip to the next payment.

Example; Invoice A = 50, Invoice B= 30, Invoice C= 70. Payment 1= $70 paid Jan 1, Payment 2= $60 paid Feb 28.
Payment 1 would cover Invoice A and part of Invoice B. When i enter Payment 2 the Feb 28 of $60 on the row below payment 1, I want the formula to automatically know to finish paying the Invoice B and go on to invoice C.

The outputs for the example above would have; "Paid" "Jan 1" for Invoice A. "Partially Paid" "Jan 1" for Invoice B. When February 28 payment is entered. Invoice B would change to "Paid" "Feb 28". Invoice C would have "Partially Paid" "Feb 28".

I know it was a bit long but I wanted to be clear. Thanks for the Help Guys!
Cheers

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MoonDancer

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back