How to see Bulk customers with my PowerPivot?

BeepBeep

Hi,

I have two questions.

In my fact table, I have some Invoices with many items tagged to it, I mean many items bought on the same invoice. I want to see those customers who bought more than one item on any given Invoice.

I have one Million transactions and my little system is dying when I apply filters in PowerPivot Table.

What is that measure or calculated column that I should apply in this situation?

Second question:

I have dim table named Targets with following columns.

YearlyGoal, Prize
75000, 5000
85000, 7000
95000, 8000

I want to see which Salesman is eligible for the Prize in which year? Obviously, I can get any Salesman's sales year wise but How to check whether somebody got eligible for a Prize comparing with the YearlyGoal?

BeepBeep
Thanks for your kind help.

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Create a chart in one keystroke
Select the data and press Alt+F1 to insert a default chart. You can change the default chart to any chart type
Sorry, forgot to mention..

This Target table does not have any relationships with any other table. That is where I am puzzled.
How to compare any Salesman's yearly Sales qty with this YearlyGoal qty to get the Prize?
I have following columns in my Fact table.

InvoiceNo, OrderDate, OrderTime, ShipDate, FreghtKey, SalesmanKey, ProductKey, StoreID, SalesQty

Please ask me for any other info needed.
Thanks
BeepBeep

Upvote 0
Your fact table looks pretty good -- typically you hit most perf issues by having too many columns, but that all look pretty required :)

Generally, I like to avoid adding a calc column to a fact table, but... I think you will be fine here... since there are only 2 distinct values in the column (so... it will compress quite well). It would perform slightly better if you do this in the data source or power query, but... probably not a massive difference.

Anyway, add a calc column: HasMultiProducts =CALCULATE(COUNTROWS(Invoices), ALL(Invoices), Invoices[InvoiceNo] = EARLIER(Invoices[InvoiceNo])) > 1

[I didnt type this into power pivot, so may have minor syntax errors :)]

This will allow you to easily filter invoices down to just those with multiple lines.

Upvote 0
Scottsen,

I have no luck with the formula. I already tried something similar. At the same time this is very interesting for me.
But I doubt the combination of CALCULATE and COUNTROWS is the culprit for the error.

Any guess on my second question?
BTW I am using Office 2010, so I am not using PowerQuery.

Upvote 0
What kind of badness happens? on the calculate countrows?

Assuming you had Salesman on Rows, somethign like this would work?
Prize := CALCULATE(MAX(Targets[Prize]), FILTER(Targets, Targets[YearlyGoal] >= [Total Sales]))

Upvote 0
As I said the above two tables were not connected thru any relationship.

In fact I do not know how to connect them both because I have no logical means to connect them. Will the above formula works even if there's no relationship?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
satyam7054

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back