How to set built-in filter for multiple selections? (perhaps through VBA?)

Rnkhch

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,

I have multiple tables in my sheets, and I want each of them to have the built-in filter independently, but I can't do that. For example, I select C31:AH71 and I turn the filter on at 'Home>Sort & Filter>Filter' which works well, but I can't simultaneously apply the filter to for instance AL31:BQ71 and the remaining tables in the sheet. And if I make multiple selections by holding down the control key and try to turn on the filter, then it gives the error that this cannot be done on multiple ranges. Is there any way to do this? 😅

Thanks for any input!

Excel Facts

Excel Wisdom
Using a mouse in Excel is the work equivalent of wearing a lanyard when you first get to college
Turn each of the tables into formal Excel tables (Insert ribbon tab -> Table)

But note that if you have tables that overlap vertically, which it looks like you do) then hiding a row via filters in one table would also hide that row in any other table that the row overlaps.

Upvote 0
Ah, this would have been great, but the problem is that I get this error: "Formulas or rich data types in the header row will be removed and converted to static text" 😭😭😭

(This essentially goes back to one of my earlier posts:

All the data in the table including headers are derived from formulas. In particular, a big portion of the header row displays the time point days automatically for the charts to dynamically adapt to the table, as more days are generated by the students who enter data in the source lists.)

Upvote 0
All the data in the table including headers are derived from formulas.
In that case, if I have understood what you want, I don't think that you can do what you want to do.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snoom82

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back