How to speed up "Connecting to data source" - Help!

Darkzler

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,

This is my Power Query, there is one query with all the main data that I later on merge with 3 additional queries. I complement the main data with volumes, categories and types. However, I get stuck on "Connecting to data source", the load time is about 60 minutes.

The file sizes are:
Data IG3: 19 files that are in total 90,0MB.
Data TR2: 5 files that are in total 68,1MB.

All the data is located on a network folder, do you have any tips on how I can speed this up? Should I move it to my local PC and just put the output on the network drive? I've also checked "Fast Data Load" on the queries.

Best regards,
Dark

let
Source = Folder.Files("XXXXXX\Volymrapport V.2\Data TR2"),
#"Filtered Hidden Files1" = Table.SelectRows(Source, each [Attributes]?[Hidden]? <> true),
#"Invoke Custom Function1" = Table.AddColumn(#"Filtered Hidden Files1", "Transform File", each #"Transform File"([Content])),
#"Renamed Columns1" = Table.RenameColumns(#"Invoke Custom Function1", {"Name", "Source.Name"}),
#"Removed Other Columns1" = Table.SelectColumns(#"Renamed Columns1", {"Source.Name", "Transform File"}),
#"Expanded Table Column1" = Table.ExpandTableColumn(#"Removed Other Columns1", "Transform File", Table.ColumnNames(#"Transform File"(#"Sample File"))),
#"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Expanded Table Column1",{{"Source.Name", type text}, {"Consignment", type text}, {"FH_eksped_YYYY_MM_DD", Int64.Type}, {"G Weight", type number}, {"Payweight", type number}, {"PW Interval", type text}, {"PW interval ICS", type text}}),
#"Removed Columns" = Table.RemoveColumns(#"Changed Type",{"Source.Name"}),
#"Changed Type1" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Removed Columns",{{"FH_eksped_YYYY_MM_DD", type date}}),
#"Filtered Rows" = Table.SelectRows(#"Changed Type1", each ([FH_eksped_YYYY_MM_DD] <> null)),
#"Split Column by Delimiter" = Table.SplitColumn(#"Filtered Rows", "Consignment", Splitter.SplitTextByDelimiter("_", QuoteStyle.Csv), {"Consignment.1", "Consignment.2"}),
#"Changed Type2" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Split Column by Delimiter",{{"Consignment.1", type text}, {"Consignment.2", Int64.Type}}),
#"Removed Columns1" = Table.RemoveColumns(#"Changed Type2",{"Consignment.2"}),
#"Renamed Columns" = Table.RenameColumns(#"Removed Columns1",{{"Consignment.1", "CON"}, {"FH_eksped_YYYY_MM_DD", "Datum"}}),
#"Merged Queries" = Table.NestedJoin(#"Renamed Columns", {"CON"}, #"Data IG3", {"Shipment"}, "Data IG3", JoinKind.LeftOuter),
#"Expanded Data IG3" = Table.ExpandTableColumn(#"Merged Queries", "Data IG3", {"Colli", "Type", "CBM", "LDM", "Payweight", "Hazard", "Local Customer Account", "Local Customer"}, {"Data IG3.Colli", "Data IG3.Type", "Data IG3.CBM", "Data IG3.LDM", "Data IG3.Payweight", "Data IG3.Hazard", "Data IG3.Local Customer Account", "Data IG3.Local Customer"}),
#"Removed Duplicates" = Table.Distinct(#"Expanded Data IG3", {"CON"}),
#"Changed Type3" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Removed Duplicates",{{"Data IG3.Local Customer Account", type text}}),
#"Merged Queries1" = Table.NestedJoin(#"Changed Type3", {"Data IG3.Local Customer Account"}, Kategorier, {"Column1"}, "Kategorier", JoinKind.LeftOuter),
#"Expanded Kategorier" = Table.ExpandTableColumn(#"Merged Queries1", "Kategorier", {"Line of Business", "Line of Business (Parent Account)"}, {"Kategorier.Line of Business", "Kategorier.Line of Business (Parent Account)"}),
#"Merged Queries2" = Table.NestedJoin(#"Expanded Kategorier", {"Data IG3.Type"}, Typer, {"Kollityp"}, "Typer", JoinKind.LeftOuter),
#"Expanded Typer" = Table.ExpandTableColumn(#"Merged Queries2", "Typer", {"Typ"}, {"Typer.Typ"}),
#"Replaced Value" = Table.ReplaceValue(#"Expanded Typer",null,"Not approved",Replacer.ReplaceValue,{"Typer.Typ"})
in
#"Replaced Value"

Excel Facts

Excel Can Read to You
Customize Quick Access Toolbar. From All Commands, add Speak Cells or Speak Cells on Enter to QAT. Select cells. Press Speak Cells.
You have multiple merged queries step.
It might help too:
- add a key to those queries (Table.AddKey)
- buffer the queries

Upvote 0
You have multiple merged queries step.
It might help too:
- add a key to those queries (Table.AddKey)
- buffer the queries
Sorry but could you please elaborate on this? Yeah, I got multiple queries but what does the "Add a key" do to this? And also, what is buffer the queries and how do I do that?

Upvote 0
Please try to update your codes like this
Power Query:
Let
AddKey = Table.AddKey(PrevStep, { "Kollitup"}, true)
In 
AddKey
Power Query:
Let
bTyper= Table.Buffer(Typer),
MergeTyper= Table.NestedJoin(#"Expanded Kategorier", {"Data IG3.Type"}, bTyper, {"Kollityp"}, "Typer", JoinKind.LeftOuter),

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmaske

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back