How to turn Functions into Code

autigers

Board Regular
I have the following Formula that I wish to put in code and then transfer the sums to a seperate sheet in the same workbook. After the data tranfer is complete, I would like to clear the input sheet ....
=IF(C2="","",IF
(E2="","",IF(E2
<D2,IF(F2="",
E2+1-D2,(E2+
1)-(D2+$V$2)
),IF(F2="",E2-
D2,D2-(E2+
$V$2)))))

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I was unable to place a screen print due to workplace restrictions on file downloads.
I have tried everything I can find on this forum ... (probably don't understand it) ...
Thanks for your help ...

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Shade all formula cells
To shade all formula cells: Home, Find & Select, Formulas to select all formulas. Then apply a light fill color.
I don't understand ... you say you want code to loop through the formula and perform the math and put the results somewhere else ( or is it in the same place??? ), which is the same as saying let Excel calculate the results of formulae, and do a copy/Edit/Paste Special Values action isn't it?

Upvote 0
okay ...
I enter times in colums D & E. In Column G is where the If takes place to calculate the time in that row(s) only.
What I am trying to achieve first is this ...
Code - instead of formulas that would do the same thing as the formula in this thread ....

I hope that makes sense ....
After getting this first step complete then move on to relocating the data entered ...

Thank you

Upvote 0
I have tried this but it keeps putting the formula all the way across the sheet ... arrrgggghhh...
Code:
Private Sub Worksheet_Activate()
Cells(1, 1).Value = "Date"
Cells(1, 2).Value = "Scheduled"
Cells(1, 3).Value = "Overtime"
Cells(1, 4).Value = "Others"
Cells(1, 5).Value = "Light Duty"
Cells(1, 6).Value = "STD"
Cells(1, 7).Value = "Vacation"
Cells(1, 8).Value = "Call Off"
Cells(1, 9).Value = "Temp Assign"
Cells(1, 10).Value = "Total"
Range("A2").Select
Do
    If IsEmpty(ActiveCell) = False Then
        ActiveCell.Offset(, 9)
        ActiveCell.Value = "=(B2+C2+D2+E2)-(F2+G2+H2+I2)"
    End If
Loop Until IsEmpty(ActiveCell) = True
End Sub

Upvote 0
OMG !!! I must apologize as I have been on this thing for hours now !!! That obviously isn't the problem we are discussing .... very similar but not the right one ....

My apologies ... :oops:

Upvote 0
To do this task by hand, select G2, hold down SHIFT and click the down-arrow button. Copy. Right click | Paste special... values only.

If you must do with with code, turn on the macro recorder before doing the above. Then, generalize the code as needed.

An alternative would be the untested
Code:
    with Range(Range("G2"),Range("G2").end(xldown))
    .value=.value
        end with

autigers said:
The latter ...
It now resides in every row in column G. From Rows G2:G150.
I would like to have the code loop through the range in the formula and perform the math placing the results in
Same Worksheet "DailyInput" Column G.

I will try to provide a screen shot of the sheet .... Visual is sometimes better.

Thanks

Upvote 0
I guess that will have to do ... I was looking for something more on the lines of a change evnt or something ....

Okay ... next step
I can use a SUMIF formula to calculate an associates total hours for a shift as I currently do. I prefer to have this hard coded in.
(The idea behind everything being coded is that the workbook I have been using is shared on network. We have had a large numbers of links setting themselves to other locations which in turn messes with other links associated to the workbook ....

So .... The SUMIF works great but as I said if there were a way to code all of this that would be better. Plus I notice that my file size increases drastically when using formulas versus the code...
I am including a screenshot
TimeTrac.xls
ABCDEFGHIJ
1WMS LogonOTJobStartFinishLunchJob HoursTotal HoursNovember 22, 2005
2APPJCLD7:45 PM12:00 AM4:154:15:00
3APPJMO3DC7:45 PM5:45 AMX9:30
4UR
DailyInput

Upvote 0
Hi

You could use the code to put the formula into G2, fill down, copy and paste values. Same for the formula in H2. Have the code enter the formula, then copy value paste the result.

If the range is dependent on data being placed in column G, then it could be added to a worksheet change event. How / what would you expect to be the trigger for any action???

Tony

Upvote 0
Hi ACW,
Thank you for your patience
The trigger for column G would need to occur when a value is placed into cell in column F (Finish Time) ...
Column will be triggered once a value is found in G ....

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back