I am looking to incorporate a dropdown function in a printable sheet that references a master sheet.

bmkelly

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I currently have a "MASTER" sheet with a list of clients names, exercises and the clients appropriate weights/settings listed. I then have another sheet called "EXERCISES" that list out different multi-trainer and incline-trainer exercises that I am wanting to utilize as a drop-down option on my "PRINT". However I run into the issue of my "PRINT" sheet utilizing a vlookup formula to find the Clients name and then the appropriate exercises but I want to be able to use the drop down on the exercises and then have the correct weight/settings for that specific exercise to show. Is this possible?

Below this is a snipshot of the "MASTER" sheet as you can see I have all the exercises labeled out but on our "PRINT" sheet we are wanting to utilize a drop down for the exercises in blue/green that way it can print in all one page and not be clustered. I was just using a vlookup formula to match the corresponding columns of the "MASTER" into the "PRINT" but I wanted to add more exercises and therefor added them individually on the "MASTER" sheet and dropdown on the "PRINT" sheet.

thread-238898558-15221053320675397645.PNG

Below is a snipshot of the "PRINT" sheet along with the vlookup formula I was using prior to creating the "dropdown" in the blue/green cells.
thread-238898558-15221053320675399898.PNG

Excel Facts

Save Often
If you start asking yourself if now is a good time to save your Excel workbook, the answer is Yes
Consider using INDEX and MATCH functions in conjunction with your drop-down list on the "PRINT" sheet to dynamically retrieve the correct weight/settings for the selected exercise from the "MASTER" sheet.

Upvote 0
Consider using INDEX and MATCH functions in conjunction with your drop-down list on the "PRINT" sheet to dynamically retrieve the correct weight/settings for the selected exercise from the "MASTER" sheet.
Thank you for the suggestion! You mind helping me out a little more as I just tried this and it seemed to work at first glance but then I dove into it to verify and also even added a "Test" client in the "MASTER" it doesn't seem to be pulling the accurate data? The screenshot below in Row 3 is the INDEX MATCH formula you suggested and in row 4 is the VLOOKUP formula that was previously there (however some of that data in Columns J:M are inaccurate due to having a drop down selection). I just wanted to show a comparison between the two though in case you could spot where my error may be?

1697454213177.png

I also am running into how to properly setup the INDEX MATCH formula because columns J:M will be a drop down between different exercises that are referencing the "MASTER" sheet Columns J:W as you can see the "MASTER" spreadsheet example below with all the correct data.

1697454901387.png

Upvote 0
Almost had it but still came up with inaccurate data pulling thru formula

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anshu121

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back