I got laid off yesterday

My experience is also that situations that seem bad at the time, often end up leading to much better times ahead - I hope it turns out that way for you!

BTW, you probably need to position yourself somewhere in between "Quiet" and "Riot" :LOL:

Good luck! Hope to keep seeing you around MrExcel.

Excel Facts

Does the VLOOKUP table have to be sorted?
No! when you are using an exact match, the VLOOKUP table can be in any order. Best-selling items at the top is actually the best.
I'm sorry to hear about the setback.
Hopefully if won't last long and won't really be one after it's all said & done.

thanks guys,

hopefully things work out for the better.

They did offer me half of my job back and the other 4 hours of the day I would be helping another team. Problem is I don't really want to do that because it involves answering phones and taken trades. It did make me feel good that they know im an incredible worker and they don't want to loose me. The fact that I got 50% is amazing considering we're dealing with a large corporation and a ton of lay-offs. You either leave for good or take another position within the company. They never offer your same job back once they consider it redundant.

Go for your old job as a consultant, charging double what you did, bill for 8 hours a day and work 4.

It's amazing how many corporations have and continue to do that.

Good luck.

Smitty

Go for your old job as a consultant, charging double what you did, bill for 8 hours a day and work 4.

It's amazing how many corporations have and continue to do that.

Good luck.

Smitty

So, so true...

I'm sorry to hear your news Quiet riot.

Something will turn up, look at me, I've been made redundant from 5 out of my last 6 jobs. I now just keep laughing - it unnerves people.

I used to work in the manfacturing industry but England has stopped making things and imports them. I now work/attend in an Asylum :biggrin:

wow, 5 out of 6 jobs.

did you receive a severance after each lay-off?

you could make a living getting laid off.

October 1st is my last day, then I get about 14 weeks paid and all my vacation time etc I didn't use.

it would be cool if i could land a job for October and I would be making so much money .. basically 3 months of getting 2 checks and only working 1 job. I don't think I'm that lucky though.

wow, 5 out of 6 jobs.

did you receive a severance after each lay-off?

you could make a living getting laid off.

In the UK it's slightly different, if you've worked there for less than 2 years you get your normal notice (which you might be expected to work) and nothing else. If you've worked there for longer than 2 years you get you normal notice, plus the grand total of £210 capped max, for each year you've worked there. They can pay more, but when a company is in financial problems, paying people more to lay them off is not in their interest.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeremy_bp001

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back