I have a complicated array situation

JoshuaFreeman

I have a table where the text "pit1" appears in multiple different rows and columns (ex: "pit1" is in c7, j6, and p16). In the 3 columns next to each of these, there are time values. Ex: c7=pit1, d7= 03:15, e7=05:45, f7=8:15. I'm trying to write a formula that will search the entire spread sheet for "pit1" and then test if a time value appears in one of the 3 next columns and return some misc. value if true, and leave blank if false. Basically, something to the effect of: if "pit1" exist and has a value of time xx:xx then display misc info, else blank.

Excel Facts

Square and cube roots
The =SQRT(25) is a square root. For a cube root, use =125^(1/3). For a fourth root, use =625^(1/4).
Hi
Welcome to the board

I don't undertand what this means:

Basically, something to the effect of: if "pit1" exist and has a value of time xx:xx then display misc info, else blank.

What is misc info?

For the example you posted what would be the result?

Upvote 0
Maybe this:

Layout

pit16:0022:0018:30 Result
pit27:0012:0018:00 pit16:00found
pit36:2012:2018:20 pit222:00
pit46:0212:0123:00 pit36:20found
pit418:20
<colgroup><col width="32" style="width: 24pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 1170;" span="2"> <col width="34" style="width: 26pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 1243;" span="5"> <col width="17" style="width: 13pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 621;"> <col width="32" style="width: 24pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 1170;"> <col width="34" style="width: 26pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 1243;"> <col width="36" style="width: 27pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 1316;"> <tbody> </tbody>

Name (in green)

Data - Refers To: Sheet1!$A$1:$G$8

Formula

Code:
In K2 - use Ctrl+Shift+Enter and not only Enter to enter the formula

=IF(SUM(COUNTIF(OFFSET(Data,
IF(Data=$I2,ROW(Data)-ROW(INDEX(Data,1,1))),
IF(Data=$I2,COLUMN(Data)-COLUMN(INDEX(Data,1,1))+1),1,3),$J2)),"found","")

Markmzz

Upvote 0
OMG, THANK YOU Markmzz!!!!!!!!!!!!! You're awesome. I'll have to study the formula to see how you did it. (I haven't fooled around with excel in 10 years and I stupidly told my boss that I was good with it). Thanks for saving my rear!

Upvote 0
OMG, THANK YOU Markmzz!!!!!!!!!!!!! You're awesome. I'll have to study the formula to see how you did it. (I haven't fooled around with excel in 10 years and I stupidly told my boss that I was good with it). Thanks for saving my rear!

You are welcome and thanks for the feedback.

Markmzz

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jesski

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back