I have a problem auto highlighting a spread sheet

ShirinB

Hi,

I am trying to auto highlight a spread sheet, my conditions are a bit specific and this doesnt let me to get the right outcome.
I tried many different kind of codes in <acronym title="vBulletin" style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-bottom-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); cursor: help; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); background-color: rgb(250, 250, 250);">VB</acronym> but they did not work.

I need to highlight my rows if only three rows in one sequence are empty, and I want the first three columns not to be considered.

I dont want my loop to ask me for number of rows in spread sheet.

I dont know how...?

Is there any help?

Thanks

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"
Hi

If I understan correctly,

You wish columns "A-C" to be disregarded.
If any 3 Rows have zero value then highlight those rows.

Question.

Will the remainder of each row be completly empty or are we talking about a particular cell or range of cells.

regards

Kev

Upvote 0
Hi Kev,

Thanks for your reply.

Actually, the last column which in my current spread sheet is column number 27, "AD", ican be disregarded as well, so the first three columns and the last one column in a row must be ignored.

And yes, if there are three rows with the above condition and they have zero values, then they get highlighted.

Is that possible?

Regards,
Shirin

Upvote 0
Hi

Try this on a copy of your sheet. Put it under a command button. Read Through the code first to see if you need to make alterations.

Code:
Sheets("sheet1").Activate ' Adjust to suit
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Static fx, fx1, fx2, Lr, LRange, holder, holder1, holderrow
' ##########  Setup Working Ranges ################
Lr = Sheets("sheet1").Range("d1000000").End(xlUp).Row

LRange = Sheets("sheet1").Range("d2:d" & Lr).Address(False, False) ' Adjust to Suit Your Range

' ########## Loop Through Each Cell to Define Content ##############
For Each fx In ActiveSheet.Range(LRange)
holder = fx.Address(0, 0) & ":" & fx.Offset(0, 25).Address(0, 0)
        For Each fx1 In ActiveSheet.Range(holder)

holder1 = 0
            holderrow = ""
                If fx1 = "" Then
                    'Do Nothing
                Else

holder1 = holder1 + 1
                    holderrow = "AE" & fx1.Row
                        If holder1 > "" Then
                            ActiveSheet.Range(holderrow).Value = 1
                        End If
                End If

Next fx1
Next fx
'################# Select & Highlight Rows ################
For Each fx2 In ActiveSheet.Range(LRange)

If fx2.Offset(0, 27).Value = "" And fx2.Offset(-1, 27).Value = "" And fx2.Offset(1, 27).Value = "" Then
        ActiveSheet.Range(fx2.Offset(-1, 0).Address(0, 0) & ":" & fx2.Offset(1, 0).Address(0, 0)).EntireRow.Select

With Selection.Interior
                        .Pattern = xlSolid
                        .PatternColorIndex = xlAutomatic
                        .Color = 65535
                        .TintAndShade = 0
                        .PatternTintAndShade = 0
                End With

End If
Next fx2

Columns("AE:AE").ClearContents

regards

Kev

Upvote 0
Hi Kev,

Thank you so much. It works great.
But there is a minor problem which I dont know where is its source in the code,
The code highlights the first few rows and the last few rows and they are not empty. I tried to attach a screen shot but seems I can not attach an image to the forum.
I think it might be because it is because it does not consider the first few rows and the last rows as "Working Range"

Regards,

Upvote 0
do the Zeros have to be in any particular position? If not then you could use conditional formatting. It requires a little care to setup, but would work without the need for a macro.

The basis of operation is this formula =AND(COUNTIF($D1:$AC1,0)>0,COUNTIF($D2:$AC2,0)>0,COUNTIF($D3:$AC3,0)>0)

Do the following:

1. Select the entire area of your data, then from Home ribbon 'Conditional Formating', 'New Rule', 'Use a Formula to determine which cells to format', then in the box marked 'Format Cells where this value is true' enter the formula above. Set the format to whatever you choose.

2. Select the entire area of your data, but excluding the first row, then from Home ribbon 'Conditional Formating', 'New Rule', 'Use a Formula to determine which cells to format', then in the box marked 'Format Cells where this value is true' enter the formula above. Set the format to whatever you choose.

3. Select the entire area of your data, but excluding the first and second rows, then from Home ribbon 'Conditional Formating', 'New Rule', 'Use a Formula to determine which cells to format', then in the box marked 'Format Cells where this value is true' enter the formula above. Set the format to whatever you choose.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mwdbActuary

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back