I need help bad, can you help me help kids

hqpc

I'm a VP of a youth football organization, I thought a supposed buddy was going to give me a program to run a fund raiser. Now that we paid to make our tickets he tells me he can't give it to me. we're dead broke and need thousands of $ to make up for missing/stolen equipment. Anyway, the raffle is based off of NFL games all 32 teams have a letter or symbol
Arizona a
Atlanta b
Baltimore c
Buffalo d
Carolina e
Chicago f
Cincy g
Cleveland h
Dallas i
Detroit j
Denver k
Green Bay l
Houston m
Indianapolis n
Jacksonville o
K.C. p
Miami q
Minnesota r
New England s
New Orleans t
NY Giants u
NY Jets v
Oakland w
Philadelphia x
Pittsburgh y
San Diego z
San Fran !
Seattle @
St. Louis &
Tampa *
Tennessee ?
Washington %

I know there are 4900 + combinations that we will print out on to labels after they are formatted onto a spreadsheet. There are 6 winners each week the three highest and lowest combinations. I'd imagine there needs to be quite a few sheets to get the whole deal to work. One sheet is all the team where the score for each team gets entered on to each week, we only run it for 10 weeks of the season (weeks 4-13). Next would be a sheet that takes those score and finds the winning combinations that are on another sheet where we we will be told the corresponding ticket number that has that combination all the while considering that there could be ties involved. Does this make any sense? If your kind enough to consider helping us you could either call me at [removed by admin] or send me an email at [removed by admin], If you saw our sample ticket it would probably make a little more sense PLEASE PLEASE SOMEONE HELP US!!!!

Thanks,
Jason

Excel Facts

Using Function Arguments with nested formulas
If writing INDEX in Func. Arguments, type MATCH(. Use the mouse to click inside MATCH in the formula bar. Dialog switches to MATCH.
hi jason.

i would love to help, but i'm not following what you mean. let me play back:

1) you have are running a fundraiser in which you sell tickets (weekly?)
2) each ticket has two teams on the ticket (should you be leveraging the NFL playing schedule)?
3) after the games for the week, you are going to collect all the tickets
4) 3 ticket holders with the highest combined game score and 3 ticket holders with the lowest combined game score each get a prize

so what you need help with is
1) generating team combinations
2) setting up a sheet which easily calculates the winners based on scores from that week

is this right at all?
ben.

Upvote 0
It's pretty hard to explain

Ben,
Thanks for offering to help out. I’ll email you a copy of the ticket, it’s a little easier to understand when you see it.
It’s a ten week deal that starts week 4 and ends week 13 of the nfl season Each ticket sold has ten different 3 symbol combinations. If the Steelers, Falcon, and Titans have the three highest scores in week #4 then whoever has those three teams’ symbols wins. Now with 32 teams and 3 symbols over 10 weeks there are 4960 different combinations. Each of those combinations gets printed out onto label and get stuck onto the card. Now on the sample ticket it is front and back side so the left side is the front, you’ll see some directions on the right that explain it to the buyers. On the ticket I put different combinations just to give an example. That isn’t on the final tickets that’s where the labels will go. Man this is hard to explain.
Keep in mind that on one excel sheet is a spot where I can manually enter the scores that in turn on another sheet pulls up all the combinations that would be determined winners, ties can happen also which makes it all the harder to program. But the main task is to have the program pull up all of the winners being the three highest and 3 lowest combinations.
I’m pretty sure that excel can take the letters and 6 symbols and come up with all of the 4960 combinations right? If that’s the case and if it lists them from 1 to 4960, whatever cell it ends up in then that’s the ticket number that combination is assigned. I hope this better explains it a little better

Upvote 0
HI
List the characters in cell B1: B32 and paste the following codes in the macro window ( Alt F8)

Code:
d = 1
For a = 1 To 30
For b = a + 1 To 31
For c = b + 1 To 32
Cells(d, 3) = d
Cells(d, 4) = Cells(a, 2)
Cells(d, 5) = Cells(b, 2)
Cells(d, 6) = Cells(c, 2)
Cells(d, 7) = Cells(a, 2) & Cells(b, 2) & Cells(c, 2)
d = d + 1
Next c
Cells(8, 8) = d
Next b
Next a
Run the macro.32C3 = 4960. Cell H8 is a row counter. Col C lists ticket numbers and col G gives character combinations in triplets.
Ravi

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TAKLAM

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back