I need to create a Employee time tracker with excel and VBA!

salaimani

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2021
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi, we have 20 Employees in our team. We want to create a form where user select his name (Which will select his sheet in workbook), Enter their small password, and choose the activity from comobo box like login, break, meeting, logout etc,. these details must be shown in small window in the vba screen, they must have the option to select and delete the details which shown in small screen (Recently updated data's only)!

Can anyone help me to do this?

Excel Facts

Shade all formula cells
To shade all formula cells: Home, Find & Select, Formulas to select all formulas. Then apply a light fill color.
I'm responding because you've had 24 views and no responses. From the first time I read your post I thought, this is a job for a database, not a workbook. Your problem in that regard might be that you have no experience with relational databases or perhaps just not with the user interface. Access is a common tool for such purposes, but it has a fairly steep learning curve - unless you don't mind slapping something together that will keep you posting in forums for help because you didn't learn about the pitfalls of Access design. However, an Access db can be very beneficial, if for no other reason that it supports simultaneous user access to the data whereas Excel does not (at least not according to my memory). Besides, a workbook makes a poor substitute for a db, and IMO, that is what you need. That being said, I cannot help you achieve your goal using Excel. Perhaps someone else will be able to do that.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dsharae57

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back