I think this is a simple question (VBA/MACROS)

ksumali

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
First I'll start by saying, please excuse my ignorance. I am new and lack almost any VBA/programming knowledge or fundamental skill.

I would like to know when I go to run my macro that I have created; do I need to open it every time before running the macro.

NOTE: each time I need to run a macro, it is with a fresh document that has previously been filled out with numbers and information. I feel like it's the nature of the program to have to be opened separately each time but I would like to confirm.

Thanks in advance,

New guy

Excel Facts

Best way to learn Power Query?
Read M is for (Data) Monkey book by Ken Puls and Miguel Escobar. It is the complete guide to Power Query.
I'm not sure what you mean with "do I need to open it" but you can run your macro on Developer tab > Macros > Run
ScreenShot102.png ScreenShot103.png

Upvote 0
You could also Insert a shape to your worksheet and Assign the macro to it....then you simply click on the shape to run the code.

Upvote 0
@GWteB
@Michael M

Good day,

I am still learning to navigate the website and I just saw these comments from over 2 weeks ago. I am very sorry for the very late response.

Also, thank you for the prompt advice. I found out how to view my threads and this whole forum thing seems to be getting easier!

I will take the advice and add some shapes.

Also, @GWteB I have created a macro in a file and each week I get fresh data; so instead of cope pasting the code every week basically I open the file that contains the macro and used the previously windowed page to process the code and thus realize the macros process in the new document.

Sorry I am sure if I was more knowledgeable in VBA I would be able to shorten what I want to say and make it more precise, and if I were more knowledgeable and less lazy, I would probably not be asking the questions! BUT, I am lazy, and a beginner!

Please help,

Cheers!

Caleb

Upvote 0
I have created a macro in a file and each week I get fresh data; so instead of cope pasting the code every week basically I open the file that contains the macro and used the previously windowed page to process the code and thus realize the macros process in the new document.
If this works for you keep doing it.

Upvote 0
You can click on "customize quick access tool bar", click " more commands". Then choose macro under the "choose commands from". Add your macro to the right plane, then it will be included in the quick access toolbar. You can modify the macro and give a unique symbol.

Every time you open up a workbook, the macro will be in the quick access toolbar.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peppernaut

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back