I want "Sum" of the values in this formula that i already have

foram

Platform
  1. Windows
Hi guys, I have already formulated the beow formula in Cell N4 of Sheet1 :

=INDEX(Sheet2!$Z:$AH,MATCH($A4,Sheet2!$B:$B,0),MATCH($H4,Sheet2!$Z$1:$AH$1,0))*INDEX(Sheet2!$J:$U,MATCH(A4,Sheet2!$B:$B,0),1)/(INDEX(Sheet2!$I:$I,MATCH($A4,Sheet2!$B:$B,0)))

But.. My issue is: I want "Sum" Total of all the resultant values that is for Jan month, Feb month, March month , & so on..

Basically, I want to use Sum in the above Formula.

Note: Above Formula is giving Correct result,, except for Sum of the result values in a month. So, I want to Add Sum or any such equivalent formula for the SumTotal of the result values. I am not allowed to attach file here, so am just copy pasting sheets here. I want result figure in Sheet1 under Jan/20 cell N2 wherein the above formula is mentioned, to be amount 20000 ,, instead of 9677.42 .

Thanks in advance the real Excel Experts :) :

Sheet1:
Customers + Subscription/TrialExsting/NewIndustryAccount TypeCountryStatusSubscription/TrialGoComet ModulesCustomersSalesOpsCurrencyBudgetedJan/20% of Actual to BudgetedBudgetedFeb/20% of Actual to BudgetedBudgetedMar/20
AurobindoSubscriptionExistingPharmaMONTHLYINDIAACTIVESubscriptionRFQ ContractAurobindoOldUmangINR 20,000

=INDEX(Sheet2!$Z:$AH,MATCH($A4,Sheet2!$B:$B,0),MATCH($H4,Sheet2!$Z$1:$AH$1,0))*INDEX(Sheet2!$J:$U,MATCH(A4,Sheet2!$B:$B,0),1)/(INDEX(Sheet2!$I:$I,MATCH($A4,Sheet2!$B:$B,0)))
21% 20,000-100% 20,000
AurobindoSubscriptionExistingPharmaMONTHLYINDIAACTIVESubscriptionRFQ SpotAurobindoOldUmangINR 85,000
24193.55​
0% 50,000-100% 50,000

Sheet2:
Customer Name + Trial/SubscriptionFor FilterCustomer NameSubscription Periodi.e Start Datei.e. End Datei.e. Total Subscription DaysJanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec
AurobindoSubscription15/12/2019AurobindoSAAS-021716th December 2019 to 15th January 2020
16/12/2019​
15/01/2020​
31​
15​
AurobindoSubscription1/16/2020AurobindoSAAS-026216th January 2020 to 15th February 20201/16/20202/15/2020
31​
16​
15​

yes i have understood your Array formula. But my query is : what do you mean by =A$4 in this formula?.. I think there is some part that we are missing out in this formula.. that part is: Full Column A of Sheet1 should match with Sheet2 (i.e. Customers +Trial/Subscription columns should match

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.
Just realised the same thing after comparing both formulas again in more detail, this should be right.

=SUM(IFERROR((Sheet2!$B$2:$B$100=$A4)*INDEX(Sheet2!$Z$2:$AH$100,0,MATCH($B4,Sheet2!$Z$1:$AH$1,0))*Sheet2!$J$2:$J$100/Sheet2!$I$2:$I$100,0))

With the array, comparing $A4 to Sheet2!$B:$B only needs to be done once, not in each part like you need to with index and match.

Upvote 0
"Ayes i have followed your Array formula. But am not understanding what is this "=A$4" part in your Formula??

See,, to solve this , We need to fulfill 3 conditions: 1) Customer+Trial/Subscription column of Sheet1 should match with Sheet2,, 2) GoCometModules column (i.e. Apple or Banana) should match with Sheet2,, & 3rd condition is to Multiply the Amounts from Sheet2 as per Subscription Days of that particular month & then Divide that amount with Total Subscription Days.. We need to use "Sum" or "Sumifs" function as well while formulating a formula for this because there are Duplicate Customer+Subscription

Upvote 0
did you get my query? Please let me know what is this "=A$4" part in this formula of Array?

Because i think we have forgot to capture this condition as well that Customers+Trial/Subcription column of Sheet1 should match with Sheet2

Upvote 0
It's $A4 not A$4 and it does the same as MATCH($A4,Sheet2!$B:$B,0) in your formula.

The difference between the 2, MATCH only find the first row that is the same as $A4, the array that I used finds all of the rows that are the same.

Upvote 0
Heyy,, thank you thank you thank you. I got it!

Shall get back to you again if stuck . :)

God Bless! :)

Good night! It's 12:40 am Night here in India.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grantrob

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back