I wanta be lazy with 01:30 &17:30 input time (Att: Steve) Wo

cblincoln43

Board Regular
I saw and can't find how to enter time as 1730 & 0100, and have it end up in the cell as 5:30pm or 1:00am. But not change the calculation for start and end time to hours.

I search i learn that i should have bookmarked 6,000 + items i love every time i go there. Thanks in advance for the help. Back to Search to Learn.
This message was edited by cblincoln43 on 2002-09-01 18:18
This message was edited by cblincoln43 on 2002-09-04 12:16

If the format is bothering you, that is a matter of Format-Cells.

You want military time, right? I recall that's the second formatting option offered, under Time

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Excel Joke
Why can't spreadsheets drive cars? They crash too often!
Ok, Steve. now im going to put my 5lber (hammer) next to the garage door so when my confusion becomes total I can smach this computer into small working pieces. Wanted 1:00am & 5:00pm and it's there to.
This message was edited by cblincoln43 on 2002-09-02 09:08

Upvote 0
I suspect some of your confusion is due to my code....sorry about that.

Let's try this:

Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
Dim TempStr As String
If Not Intersect(Target, Range("A1:L40")) Is Nothing Then
If IsNumeric(Target) Then
Application.EnableEvents = False
TempStr = Target
If Len(TempStr) < 4 Then 'we need to pad the entry with leading "0"s
Beep

TempStr = String(4 - Len(TempStr), "0") & TempStr
Debug.Print TempStr
Else
Debug.Print TempStr
End If

Target = Left(TempStr, 2) & ":" & Right(TempStr, 2)
Application.EnableEvents = True
End If
End If
End Sub

Change the Range area as you see fit.
Format the cells to Time, with your beloved AM/PM format.

This code will accept any length of entry; one digit, two digits, three digits, or four.

It does expect you to add 12 hours to the time, IF you expect it to return a PM time.

Upvote 0
Steve
I don't how to list other threads, so . There is more on this subject posted by bullit_nl, on 8/21/02 @ o2:30. Also add 12 hours ?. Can I asume you mean in the formulas calculation?
This message was edited by cblincoln43 on 2002-09-02 17:06

Upvote 0
When you key it in, if you don't add 12 hours (to indicate) PM, the formula is clueless; since it can't read your mind.

If you know a way that a formula can take numbers only, without adding 12 (in the case of PM), and return the proper AM/PM notation, let me know..........

I assume that code could look for a + sign, or something, to notate AM or PM, but it's pretty simple to add 12 hours (in your head) and key it in.

BTW, what level of user are you attempting to satisfy?

There's a guy at work, who asks for help getting into his email. It WOULD help if he remembered his password, and it WOULD be useful if he remembered his logon name.

Upvote 0
The 5 lb-er i mention earler is now at the side of my computer. Don't think i will sue it on the computer though. Last night at work my mind slowed down enough that "POP" I recalled something about if one adds 12 to time after noon one gets 17:00 or 5:00pm. Think I will let the little girl i married a few days ago (14,765, on 9/9/02) have th hammer to strighten me out instead.
At any rate I am very greatfull for you interest and of course ALL of your help. The level heck I am just an old man playing with a costom time sheet that is now in use at a company with 1500 people. THANKS to ALL you great people on this board, that share so much for so little to people like me. Ive only had this thing about a year and a half and ive learned so much about this right here that my company think im a wizeeeeeeeeee.
Very greatfull Bob, cblincoln43

Upvote 0
The 5 lb-er i mention earler is now at the side of my computer. Don't think i will sue it on the computer though. Last night at work my mind slowed down enough that "POP" I recalled something about if one adds 12 to time after noon one gets 17:00 or 5:00pm. Think I will let the little girl i married a few days ago (14,765, on 9/9/02) have th hammer to strighten me out instead.
At any rate I am very greatfull for you interest and of course ALL of your help. The level heck I am just an old man playing with a costom time sheet that is now in use at a company with 1500 people. THANKS to ALL you great people on this board, that share so much for so little to people like me. Ive only had this thing about a year and a half and ive learned so much about this right here that my company think im a wizeeeeeeeeee.
Very greatfull Bob, cblincoln43

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kingwi11y

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back