Ideas on How to Generate Report

Montez659

I have created myself a database to track my Estimates, Jobs, Leads, Invoices and such for my Home Remodeling business. It's been a while since I've worked in Access so I am having a bit of trouble remembering the best way to go about generating a report - Invoice.

Basically, I have four different job costs (tblJC_JobCosts) that will be printed on the invoice in separate sections. The issue is that these different job costs don't necessarily utilize all the same fields. For instance, Labor and Materials. Both use the Item field, both use Quantity, but Materials has an associated cost and Labor is calculated differently. Labor also has a Step Number associated with it, but that doesn't exist under any other cost type.

As it stands, I have these in one table. If I try to break them out and join them back up to get into a single record, well you can imagine that each Invoice can have several materials and labor steps. Grouping on the CostType doesn't really seem to work because it displays all four costs similarly, and they really need to be broken out differently.

So basically, I need to have some way of having four different sections with detail on the report, and I can't remember how to get there or even what to search for.

Thanks in advance!

Excel Facts

How to calculate loan payments in Excel?
Use the PMT function: =PMT(5%/12,60,-25000) is for a $25,000 loan, 5% annual interest, 60 month loan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chase S

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back