Ideas on how to run a workbook through an "always available" button

Jat999

Hi all

I am looking for some ideas on how to allow the user to interact with a workbook with an "always available" button.
The core of the workbook I already have working. It general purpose is to allow users to view weekly production schedules which are generated from an ERP system.
Each worksheet represents a weekly schedule, each tab is named based on the date. Historical sheets are read only, Future sheets, if they already exist can be updated, and if they do not already exist, providing data from the ERP system is available, can be created. Older sheets, say older than 5 weeks will be hidden.
Ideally the users will not need to access the ribbon.

What I think I need is an "Invoking" button which is always available which then invokes a user form to allow user control.

Any thoughts please and maybe an example or two?

Thanks in advance

John

Excel Facts

How to show all formulas in Excel?
Press Ctrl+` to show all formulas. Press it again to toggle back to numbers. The grave accent is often under the tilde on US keyboards.
Presumably you're trying to avoid putting a button on each worksheet?
You could create another userform containing your invoke button, which you show as Modeless using a Workbook Open event. You could then still work on the workbook while this form was open.

Upvote 0
Hi Trevor.

Thanks for responding.

I initially thought about going down the macro button being available on the ribbon, however this would not have been a viable option as it would need setting up for many users and becomes an ongoing maintenance issue. I did also look at someone had written a routine to create and destroy the ribbon button, but far too complex for me.
So I have resorted to a short routine that now copies the button onto the worksheet each time a worksheet is created.
Thanks again for responding

John.

Upvote 0
You can add a button to the Quick Access Toolbar that you can link to your macro. That button will always be visible regardless of which sheet is the active sheet. You can set the button to work only for that particular workbook. When you save the file, the button will be saved with it so that each time you open the file it is available to click. If this works for you and you need help, please let me know.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peppernaut

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back