Identifying a correlation between a variation in data and an event in a point in time

apascha

Office Version
  1. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
All,

I am at a loss... Basically, we just need to identify the contracts where the change in reporting systems caused a likely error in total QUARTERLY reporting (to include all product ID's) and when it occurred.

I'm having a hard time identifying the best way to run this data and to even the best way to show it. I am trying to find a way to identify contracts where the transition from the old to new reporting method resulted in an unusual variance (for instance a 20% increase/decrease) from the MEDIAN previously reported TOTALS per quarter. Median seems like the best method since there are many quarters with $0 sales and that is no help. Everything in gray below I am at a loss as to how to identify. It would be great if I could present the change in reporting system on a chart and show visually if there is a spike or drop in the next quarter but there are literally thousands of contracts so that doesn't seem like the best way.

I would appreciate any ideas as to how to best run and present this.

1575580721259.png

Attachments

• 1575578692512.png
    1575578692512.png
    135.5 KB · Views: 2

Excel Facts

Can you sort left to right?
To sort left-to-right, use the Sort dialog box. Click Options. Choose "Sort left to right"
Also, the reporting system change potentially occurs at DIFFERENT points in time for every contract.

Upvote 0
To further clarify, each contract may have changed reporting methods during different quarters of different years.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Healthydogs

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back