Identifying last selected ComboBox

otrava18

Board Regular
Hello everyone,

I have a userform with 20 Comboboxes and I need your advice to identify which ComboBox it was selected last time. If users wants to use this shortcut they will use a doubleclick on Combobox because the single click it needs also to enter a value. I put on doubleclick action this code:

VBA Code:
Private Sub ComboBox5_DblClick(ByVal Cancel As MSForms.ReturnBoolean)
Range("E1").Value = "ComboBox5"
End Sub

Every ComboBox will have a code like this. After this, i need to use this value to autocomplete, with a command button, a value but i don`t know how to declare this variables.

VBA Code:
Private Sub CommandButton17_Click()
Dim X As Integer
X = Range("E1").Value
X.Value = "1"

I don`t know what is wrong here, can you help me with an advice ? It will be great if you have also another solution for this.

Thank you for your help !

but i want to have something there.
Of course you want that, that is the whole purpose of a combo box.

Don't use RowSource since it limits your options.
Populate your combo box with the AddItem methode, like @mikerickson did; his code adds just an "x" , but obviously you can add more items to your combo boxes.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Links? Where??
If Excel says you have links but you can't find them, go to Formulas, Name Manager. Look for old links to dead workbooks & delete.
Of course you want that, that is the whole purpose of a combo box.

Don't use RowSource since it limits your options.
Populate your combo box with the AddItem methode, like @mikerickson did; his code adds just an "x" , but obviously you can add more items to your combo boxes.
Ok, now if i use this, everything seems to be ok, but how can i use the "E1" data information, because there is the name of the last ComboBox ? I don`t know how to create that button.
Maybe @mikerickson or you can have any idea because i don't have one.

Thank you !

Upvote 0
but how can i use the "E1" data information, because there is the name of the last ComboBox ?
You don't need to store the name in a worksheet cell, because you have stored the last clicked combo box as an object (type MSForms.ComboBox) in the LastDoubleClickedComboBox variable.
So to obtain its name use the statement:
VBA Code:
LastDoubleClickedComboBox.Name

Upvote 0
Hello Mike,

I think i miss somthing, because for me is not working. I started a new workbook and a new userform1 but i receive an error when i put your code and i open the userform. The error is Run-time error '70': Permision denied. And debugging goes me to "oneControl.AddItem "x""
The code is using automation features that exceed what your security permissions allow. Are you working on your own computer or is this a work computer.

Upvote 0
Hello Mike,

I think i miss somthing, because for me is not working. I started a new workbook and a new userform1 but i receive an error when i put your code and i open the userform. The error is Run-time error '70': Permision denied. And debugging goes me to "oneControl.AddItem "x""
If you have specified the source for oneControl using the RowSource property, you'll get that error when trying to add an item using the AddItem method . . .

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jesski

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back