IF & And statement help

IronMan1982

I'm trying to put together a formula that will shift the contents of a cell to the left if the day is selected as non business day...basically if something falls on a bank holiday i need the spreadsheet to move the contents to the left to the last normal business day before the bank holiday.

I came up with this...but I don't think it's the best solution (in the highlighted green cell) it works fine for the Friday. But if it fell on Monday I need it to fall back to thursday 30th april. I hope all that makes sense.

VBA isn't my strong suit but I was thinking if it would work better with a colour based IF statement perhaps? so for example if the cell colour is grey move all the contents to the left to the first normal business day before the bank/public holiday.

spreadsheet.PNG

=IF(N$3="Non-Business",OFFSET(M$3,$E18,1),IF(IFERROR(VLOOKUP(CONCATENATE($H18," ",$I18," ",M$4),'Input Sheet'!$B$3:$E$19,4,0),0)=M$4,1,IF(IFERROR(VLOOKUP(CONCATENATE($H18," ",$I18," ",M$5),'Input Sheet'!$B$3:$E$19,4,0),0)=M$5,1,0)))

thanks in advance for any help.

Excel Facts

Waterfall charts in Excel?
Office 365 customers have access to Waterfall charts since late 2016. They were added to Excel 2019.
Hi IronMan,
I miss a bit here: for your green cell you're trying to lookup the value of "3030 USD Thursday" in 'Input Sheet'!$B$3:$E$19, I assume thursday has the date in it formatted showing only the day? But than you want to add a 1 if there is also a value for "3030 USD Friday" if that Friday happens to be a Non-Business day? And add a value for the Saturday too?
Thanks for some clarification,
Koen

Upvote 0
Hiya,
Yes that's right it is formatted just to show the day NOT the date.
Yes right again in regards to add a "1" if there is a value for the Friday when it's been selected as a "non business" day
Yes, at times there will be payments for a FIXED DATE no matter when that date falls, so if it fell on a weekend I need to show that it needs to go out on the friday before the weekend due date.

I hope that clears thing up.

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

Upvote 0
Hi IronMan,
I'd solve your issue with some COUNTIFS. In this way:
  • Add this formula to M7: =IF(M3="Business",HLOOKUP("Business",M3:S4,2,FALSE),M6-1) -> that basically gives you the range of dates that need to be checked (assuming not more than 6 Non-Business days in a row, otherwise do e.g. Z4 instead of S4). If the day is non-business the "end date" is before the "start date", so won't give results.
  • Next, in M18: =COUNTIFS('Input Sheet'!$C$3:$C$19,$H18,'Input Sheet'!$D$3:$D$19,$I18,'Input Sheet'!$E$3:$E$19,">="&M$6,'Input Sheet'!$E$3:$E$19,"<="&M$7) -> this assumes you have on your Input Sheet a list of dates in column E, the numbered code (3010 in your screenshot) in column B and the currency in column C. That COUNTIFS gives back the total occurences, based on the date range that you created in row 6&7.
  • If you have an amount in Input Sheet, you could easily use SUMIFS to add them
Hope that works,
Koen

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaurav_7829

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back