If data range contains certain text, return adjacent nth cell

phimutau

Office Version
  1. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
I would like a formula in cell F24 that searches column AD60:AD130 for specific text "Team Averages:"
If "Team Averages:" is found in AD then return value listed in that row in column AT. I have searched all over internet and can't find the formula for this. Can someone assist me?

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.
Try this:
Excel Formula:
=INDEX(AT60:AT130,MATCH("Team Averages:",AD60:AD130))

Upvote 0
You are welcome.
Glad I was able to help!
:)

Upvote 0
After further examination the numbers returned with this formula do not match the numbers in the actual AT column adjacent to the row that "Team Averages:" is in. I am still trying to figure it out, but I am not sure where these numbers are being pulled from.

1631311553291.png

I put your formula into AV129 and it is colored yellow with the value returned. I need it to return 58 not 55. I have 228 sheets that I copied this formula to and they all gave me different values, so I thought it was working great. I see three different values of 55 and I colored them peach.

If I change your formula from the AT column to any other column, it spits out random cells instead of what is in that column. Any ideas?

Upvote 0
I really cannot do much with that, as I cannot see the rows where all these values are, nor can I see any of your formulas.

MrExcel has a tool called “XL2BB” that lets you post samples of your data that will allow us to copy/paste it to our Excel spreadsheets, so we can work with the same copy of data that you are. Instructions on using this tool can be found here: XL2BB Add-in

Note that there is also a "Test Here” forum on this board. This is a place where you can test using this tool (or any other posting techniques that you want to test) before trying to use those tools in your actual posts.

Upvote 0
I found a solution on youtube. Thank you for your help.

=INDEX(AD$60:AT$130,MATCH("Team Averages:",AD$60:AD$130,0),17)

Upvote 0
Solution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back