If = Hyperlink to row

nawam

Hi Folks,
These seems like it should be simple, but it's hanging me up.

I want to hyper link data in one tab (Data) to the data in another tab (values) if certain criteria are met.

For example, the Data tab will have names in Column A, date of birth in column b and member number in column c.

The Values tab will have this same data.

What I want is on the values tab I'd like a hyper link to the row of corresponding information in the data tab if all three criteria match.

I'm thinking a fairly simple nested formula or something should work out, but I'd roll a macro if I need to.

Thanks in advance. :)

Excel Facts

When they said...
When they said you are going to "Excel at life", they meant you "will be doing Excel your whole life".
It's quite a simple question but there may be several ways to do it and varying levels of difficulty depending on how easy it is to determine the corresponding row (it'd be more difficult if there were say vlookup formulae involved as it would be more difficult to find where the data came from). Do you want this/these hyperlinks to be in the same cell(s) as the value(s), or perhaps in a separate cell next to that value(s)?
There are two ways to get a hyperlink, one is with a right-click, then choose Hyperlink…, the other is to use the =HYPERLINK() worksheet function. The former would be easier to create/maintain with a macro if there were many cells involved, the latter could also be dealt with by a macro, but a pure worksheet formula solution might be possible.

I'm thinking it might answer lots of questions without doubts if you were able to prepare a version of your workbook, put it onto the interweb somewhere and link to it here.

Upvote 0
duplicate post (it said I had to wait before posting again - but I had only presed the submit button once) This site is getting impossibly difficult.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks for your prompt reply

Data Tab:
FNAMELNAMEDOBNumber
SANDRAABDULALI01/15/19031502
ANTHONYABRAMOVA02/15/19794048
PRECIOUSABRAMOVE03/30/19615807
GULNARAABRAMOVICH06/01/19592126
CARLABRAMS04/29/19981333
CYNTHIAABUNDS11/15/1988991
VERONICAACEVED01/05/19951763
JUDITHACEVEDO11/21/19665113
ERNESTACOSTA05/24/19691336

<colgroup><col><col><col><col></colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

Value Tab:

FNAMELNAMEDOB
SANDRAABDULALI01/15/1903
GULNARAABRAMOVICH06/01/1959
PRECIOUSABRAMOVE03/30/1961
JUDITHACEVEDO11/21/1966
ERNESTACOSTA05/24/1969
ANTHONYABRAMOVA02/15/1979
CYNTHIAABUNDS11/15/1988
VERONICAACEVED01/05/1995
CARLABRAMS04/29/1998

<colgroup><col><col><col></colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

<colgroup><col><col><col><col></colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

I'd like to Hyperlink to, lets say the last name, in the Data tab if the data in A,B,and C on the Value tab are present in any one row on the data tab. Does that make sense?

I've worked a good bit with =Hyperlink in the past but it's been linking to tabs and such, I've never linked to a specified cell before. My formula work simply isn't where it used to be. I was thinking maybe an index, match, hyperlink combination. But honestly I'm stumped here for some reason.

Thanks again. :)

Upvote 0
download this file:https://www.box.com/s/nmo0l4g7k2scjs721tz9
Click on one of the words 'link' in column D of the Value tab.
The Data tab name must not have a space in it.

The formulae I have in the cells is like:
Code:
=IFERROR(HYPERLINK(SUBSTITUTE(CELL("address",OFFSET(Data!$D$1,MATCH(A2&B2&C2,Data!$A$2:$A$10 & Data!$B$2:$B$10 & Data!$C$2:$C$10,0),0)),"'",""),"link"),"not found")
Unfortunately, I didn't get around to trying to put it into a cell with data already in.

Upvote 0
I think there's a good chance that you are a rockstar!
Let me try to cram it into a couple thousand rows of data and we'll see. I'll let you know later today how it goes, but it looks good based on your model.

Thanks

Upvote 0
Okay, This is perfect. It's exactly what I needed. And, on top of all of that, it makes sense. You're awesome.

Thanks Again!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sebas8956

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back