If Statement....HELP!

Tapout

Is it possible to set an IF statement that searches for a range.

For example grading homework. If cell A1 contained the students grade and I want cell A2 to say: If A1 is equal to or less than 79.9%, then A2 would say "Needs Improvement," but if A1 was 80-89.9% then A2, would say "Good Job", but if A1 was 90-94.9% then A2 would say "Great Work", and finally if A1 was 95% or greater then A2 would say "Fantastic Job"?

Is it an IF statement such as this possible? Thank you in advance!

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Best way to learn Power Query?
Read M is for (Data) Monkey book by Ken Puls and Miguel Escobar. It is the complete guide to Power Query.

dave3009

Office Version
365, 2016
Hi and welcome

=IF(A8>=95%, "Fantastic Job", IF(A8>=90%, "Great Work", IF(A8>=80%, "Good Job", "Needs Improvement")))

or

=LOOKUP(A8,{0,0.8,0.9,0.95},{"Needs Improvement","Good Job","Great Work","Fantastic"})

HTH

Dave

Last edited:

Tapout

Dave3009, Thanks a lot!

That worked out perfect, I was using the actual range before and could only get the first and last argument to calculate.

Subscribe on YouTube

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OptimalKR

This Week's Hot Topics

• Turn fraction around
    Hello I need to turn a fraction around, for example I have 1/3 but I need to present as 3/1
  • TIme Clock record reformatting to ???
    Hello All, I'd like some help formatting this (Tbl-A)(Loaded via Power Query) [ATTACH type="full" width="511px" alt="PQdata.png"]22252[/ATTACH]...
  • TextBox Match
    hi, I am having a few issues with my code below, what I need it to do is when they enter a value in textbox8 (QTY) either 1,2 or 3 the 3 textboxes...
  • Using Large function based on Multiple Criteria
    Hello, I can't seem to get a Large formula to work based on two criteria's. I can easily get a oldest value based one value, but I'm struggling...
  • Can you check my code please
    Hi, Im going round in circles with a Compil Error End With Without With Here is the code [CODE=rich] Private Sub...
  • Combining 2 pivot tables into 1 chart
    Hello everyone, My question sounds simple but I do not know the answer. I have 2 pivot tables and 2 charts that go with this. However I want to...