IF statement

TracyinNOLA

Hi, I'm having a challenge creating an IF statement that responds the way I would like.

I've worked out the first part, it looks like this:
=IF(OR(B3="Vacant Lot", B3="Slab/Flatworks"), "Declined", " ")

In that same statement I want to add another option, but here I run into problems.

1. If L3 has a date in it (eg: 3/3/2010) then M3="Evaluated". The problem is that I will be using this formula in multiple rows with different dates.

2. I want to combine the first IF statement with this one:
=IF(L3=(has a date in it), "Evaluated", " ")

3. Rather than have a blank in it, if L3 has a date in it I want M3 to read "Evaluated", not "Declined" or " ".

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.

AlphaFrog

MrExcel MVP
This doesn't check if L3 has a "date" but rather it checks if L3 is empty or not. Does that work for you?

Code:
=IF(NOT(ISBLANK(L3)),"Evaluated", IF(OR(B3="Vacant Lot", B3="Slab/Flatworks"), "Declined", " "))

ilak1008

Hi, I'm having a challenge creating an IF statement that responds the way I would like.

I've worked out the first part, it looks like this:
=IF(OR(B3="Vacant Lot", B3="Slab/Flatworks"), "Declined", " ")

In that same statement I want to add another option, but here I run into problems.

1. If L3 has a date in it (eg: 3/3/2010) then M3="Evaluated". The problem is that I will be using this formula in multiple rows with different dates.

2. I want to combine the first IF statement with this one:
=IF(L3=(has a date in it), "Evaluated", " ")

3. Rather than have a blank in it, if L3 has a date in it I want M3 to read "Evaluated", not "Declined" or " ".

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Hi TracyinNOLA

Try this:

=if(L3<>"","EVALUATED","")

Subscribe on YouTube

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Black Vinyl

This Week's Hot Topics

• Sort code advice please
    Hi, I have the code below which im trying to edit but getting a little stuck. This was the original code which worked fine,columns A-F would sort...
  • SUMPRODUCT with nested If statement
    Hi everyone, Hope you're all well. I'm hoping someone will be able to point me in the right direction with a problem I'm having with a SUMPRODUCT...
  • VBA - simple sort is killing me!
    Hello all! This should be so easy, but not for me, apparently! I have a table of data that can be of varying lengths and widths. My current macro...
  • Compare Two Lists
    I have two Lists and I need to be able to Identify differences between them. List 100 comes from a workbook - the other is downloaded form the...
  • Formula that deducts points for each code I input.
    I am trying to create a formula that will have each student in my class start at 100 points and then for each code that I enter (PP for Poor...
  • Conditional formatting formula required for day of week and a value
    Hi, I have a really simple spreadsheet where column A is the date, column B is the activity total shown as a number and column C states the day of...