iferror vlookup accidentally lined to another sheet...help!!!

BSWJON

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I've just got myself into another fix and need some help rectifying the problem. Any help would be really appreciated!

So I have a main data sheet (K2 kiln data) which references a lookup table (table5- however this is strange in itself, something I'll come on to) for some of its' data.

I have a second worksheet (tally data) which uses the same data in table5 for its own lookup, however this data I have duplicated in another table (TCLook) within the worksheet.

The problem I seem to have is that the Vlookup in K2 kiln data is referring to the lookup table in the Tally data sheet instead of table5.

As a result the new data entries in the main datasheet are not being updated.

When I went to Name Manager I noted that there were two entries for the vlookup table in K2 data, one in the K2 data sheet, and one in the tally data sheet. I've also noticed that when the K2 data table is selected, the table name is stated as Table5 rather than the name stated in the formulas. It doesn't matter how many times I change the name of the table, it always comes up as table5.

What I have tried so far:
renaming the table in K2 data to table5 and amending the formulas accordingly- no improvement
deleting the table from the tally data- this deleted all of my data from the K2 data sheet
making a new look up table in the tally data, giving it a new name, and changing the formulas in tally data accordingly, hoping this would make excel differentiate between the two- no improvement in K2 data sheet

it seems that when I created the lookup in the tally data, rather than create a duplicate of the lookup in K2 data, I created a linked table or something- I say or something because only the names are linked, the data is not.

So what I want to achieve is to un-link the k2 data look up formulas from the tally counter lookup table.

I appreciate this is complicated but I really need some help here!

Thanks

Jon

Excel Facts

Copy formula down without changing references
If you have =SUM(F2:F49) in F50; type Alt+' in F51 to copy =SUM(F2:F49) to F51, leaving the formula in edit mode. Change SUM to COUNT.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teemeren

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back