Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. MacOS
So I have the following formula:

By themselves, they work as they should:

=XLOOKUP(A3,('Sheet1'!$A$A,'Sheet1'!$C$C,"Not Found")
=XLOOKUP(A3,('Sheet2'!$A$A,'Sheet2'!$E$E,"Not Found")
=XLOOKUP(A3,('Sheet3'!$A$A,'Sheet3'!$C$C,"Not Found")

Once I add them to an IFS statement I get #N/A Obviously I am missing something in my formula.

=IFS(XLOOKUP(A3,('Sheet1'!$A$A,'Sheet1'!$C$C), XLOOKUP(A3,('Shee2'!$A$A,'Sheet2'!$E$E), XLOOKUP(A3,('Sheet3'!$A$A,'Sheet3'!$C$C), "Not Found")

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

So for some reason, the formula isn't acting as it should. I created three helper columns instead and this is what I came up with:

Column 1 (A)
=XLOOKUP(A3,Sheet1!$A:$A,Sheet1!$C:$C, "Not Found")

Column 2 (B)
= XLOOKUP(A3,Sheet2!$A:$A,Sheet2!$E:$E, "Not Found")

Column 3 (C)
=XLOOKUP(A3,Sheet3!$A:$A,Sheet3!$C:$C,"Not Found")

Column 4 (D)
IF(AND(A3="Not Found", B3="Not Found", C3="Not Found"), "Not There", SUM(A3:C3))

This is working. I know it isn't the prettiest but it is providing the result I need for the time being. If anyone knows of a way to tie that above together then that would be awesome.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Did you know Excel offers Filter by Selection?
Add the AutoFilter icon to the Quick Access Toolbar. Select a cell containing Apple, click AutoFilter, and you will get all rows with Apple
How can each XLOOKUP use A3 as the target value and also your formula in column D is looking for "Not Found" in A3?

You really need to copying these directly from Excel and pasting them into the post.

Upvote 0
How can each XLOOKUP use A3 as the target value and also your formula in column D is looking for "Not Found" in A3?

You really need to copying these directly from Excel and pasting them into the post.
This time I double-checked everything, my formulas are correct.

Let me explain:

This formula is going down a column. so basically A3 = Project 1 A4 = Project 2 and so on. With that said the first column is looking for Project 1 in Sheet 1 if it finds it then it is giving me the information in C3 (total price) on that same sheet (This sheet is T&Mcharges)

The next Column is checking for that same project (Project 1) In sheet 2 (OTC) if it finds it then it will give me the total price (E3) for that particular project.

The 3rd column is checking for that same project (Project 1) in sheet 3 (Service Charges) if it finds it then it will give me the total price (C3) for that particular project.

If Project 1 isn't found on any of those sheets then I will get Not Found.

On my total column I have IF(AND(A3="NF", B3="NF", C3="NF"), "Not Found", SUM(AA3:AC3))

So if all three columns have Not Found then I get Not Found if it finds the project then add all 3 columns and give me that #

Look at the picture attached. You can see what I mean. Hope this helps. Thanks.

Attachments

• image001.png
    image001.png
    14.7 KB · Views: 8
Upvote 0

This time I double-checked everything, my formulas are correct.
@ecrodrig - your picture was very helpful but perhaps not in the way you had intended.
It supports what Jeff is trying to say to you, that retyping formulas into a post seldom works out.

It is likely that some of the suggestions we made to you didn't work on your end for a similar reason.

We understand trying to work on 2 computers due to some work limitations can be tricky but perhaps see if you can email the document to yourself.

PS: Sum over a range is pretty forgiving. You don't need to use the IF statement. Just =SUM(AA3:AC3) will do it. It will treat the Text values as zero.
Hmm on 2nd thoughts that won't give you Not Found if all 3 are NF.
1660091546974.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I am trying to upload the mini sheet but I do not get that option. I have downloaded the add-in. I have a Mac so not sure if that is the problem.

Upvote 0
I am trying to upload the mini sheet but I do not get that option. I have downloaded the add-in. I have a Mac so not sure if that is the problem.
Sample_File_forecast (1).xlsx
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZAAABACADAEAF
1First CharactersNew Business (RFS) Jan Feb Mar Apr May June Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec Jan_1 Feb_2 Mar_3 Apr_4 May_5 June_6 TOTALS Is it found in AllPMData TabTCV Type of billingLeft to bill% Charged% Left to ChargedCommentsT&MOTCNew Service ChargesTotal
2Project 1project 1 name$ -$ -$ -$ -$ -$ -$ -$ -$ -$ -$ -$ -$ -$ -$ -$ -$ 250.00$ 60.00$ 310.00Found and the project is In Progress $ 12222.42 T&M $ 11,912.423%97.46%602.95NFNF602.95
3Project 2project 2 name$ -$ -$ -$ -$ -$ -$ -$ -$ -$ -$ -$ -$ -$ -$ -$ -$ 100.00$ 175.00$ 275.00Found and the project is In Progress $ 1575.3 T&M $ 1,300.3017%82.54%363.51750850010613.5
4Project 3project 3 name$ -$ -$ -$ -$ -$ -$ -$ -$ -$ -$ -$ -$ -$ -$ -$ -$ 75.00$ 125.00$ 200.00Found and the project is Closed $ 315 MRC $ 115.0063%36.51%1500NF15003000
5Project 4project 4 name$ -$ -$ -$ -$ -$ -$ -$ -$ -$ -$ -$ -$ -$ -$ -$ -$ 150.00$ 125.00$ 275.00Found and the project is Closed $ 2835.54 T&M $ 2,560.5410%90.30%2520NFNF2520
6Project 5project 5 name$ -$ -$ -$ -$ -$ -$ -$ -$ -$ -$ -$ -$ -$ -$ -$ -$ -$ 50.00$ 50.00Found and the project is Closed $ 2835.54 T&M $ 2,785.542%98.24%5500NFNF5500
7Project42project42 name$ -$ -$ -$ -$ -$ -$ -$ -$ -$ -$ -$ -$ -$ -$ -$ -$ - $ -Found and the project is In Progress $ 17173 OTC $ 17,173.000%100.00%NFNFNFNot Found
Billingfile
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
T2:T7T2=_xlfn._xlws.FILTER('T&MMthlyFile'!$R$2:$R$12,('T&MMthlyFile'!$A$2:$A$12="Total")*('T&MMthlyFile'!$B$2:$B$12=$A2),"")
U2:U7U2=SUM(C2:T2)
V2:V7V2=LET(x, XLOOKUP(A2,AllData!F:F,AllData!A:A, ""),IF(x="", "Not found on AllPMData Tab","Found and the project is "&x&" "))
W2:W7W2=LET(x, XLOOKUP(A2,AllData!F:F,AllData!L:L,""),IF(x="", "Not found on AllData Tab"," $ "&x&" "))
X2:X7X2=LET(x, XLOOKUP(A2,AllData!F:F,AllData!K:K, ""),IF(x="", "Not found on AllPMData Tab"," "&x&" "))
Y2:Y7Y2=W2-U2
Z2:Z7Z2=100%-AA2
AA2:AA7AA2=Y2/W2
AC2AC2=XLOOKUP($A2,'T&M'!A:A,'T&M'!C:C,"NF")
AD2:AD7AD2=XLOOKUP($A2,OTC!$A:$A,OTC!$C:$C,"NF")
AE2:AE7AE2=XLOOKUP($A2,NewSevicecharges!A:A,NewSevicecharges!C:C,"NF")
AF2:AF7AF2=IF(AND(AC2="NF",AD2="NF",AE2="NF"),"Not Found", SUM(AC2:AE2))
AC3:AC7AC3=XLOOKUP(A3,'T&M'!A:A,'T&M'!C:C,"NF")
Press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER to enter array formulas.
Named Ranges
NameRefers ToCells
AllData!_FilterDatabase=AllData!$A$1:$Q$124V2:V7
Cells with Conditional Formatting
CellConditionCell FormatStop If True
AA1:AA7Other TypeColor scaleNO

Upvote 0
Thanks. You seem to have a working version now. Did you want us to do something still ?
The filter command is showing in Red, do your computers have access to the Filter function ?

Upvote 0
Thanks. You seem to have a working version now. Did you want us to do something still ?
The filter command is showing in Red, do your computers have access to the Filter function ?
I just wanted to share the spreadsheet since I made such a mess of writing the formulas and sharing them here :) Appreciate your patience and willingness to help! As far as the filter not sure I downloaded excel on my mac and it seems that the Filter function isn't quite recognized so it added this part to the formula _xlfn._xlws. if I remove that from my formula in Mac the formula will not work.

Lastly, now that you know what I was trying to do, is there a way to merge the formulas from the helper columns (AC, AD, and AE) to get to my final total in AF?

If not it's OK, the helper columns are doing what they are meant to do help :)

Upvote 0
It worries me a little that Filter isn't working properly for you. I would have thought Let would not be working either.
If Let does work then you could try this.

Excel Formula:
=LET(xTM,XLOOKUP(A2,'T&M'!$A:$A,'T&M'!$C:$C,"NF"),
        xOTC,XLOOKUP(A2,OTC!$A:$A,OTC!$C:$C,"NF"),
        xNewSvc,XLOOKUP(A2,NewSevicecharges!$A:$A,NewSevicecharges!$C:$C,"NF"),
        IF(AND(xTM="NF",xOTC="NF",xNewSvc="NF"),"Not Found",SUM(xTM,xOTC,xNewSvc)))

If not and you really want to do it in one step you can try the below:
but it is doing all the lookups twice which could make the spreadsheet really slow.

Excel Formula:
= IF(AND(XLOOKUP(A2,'T&M'!$A:$A,'T&M'!$C:$C,"NF") = "NF",
       XLOOKUP(A2,OTC!$A:$A,OTC!$C:$C,"NF") = "NF",
            XLOOKUP(A2,NewSevicecharges!$A:$A,NewSevicecharges!$C:$C,"NF") = "NF"),
    "Not Found",
     SUM(XLOOKUP(A2,'T&M'!$A:$A,'T&M'!$C:$C,0),
              XLOOKUP(A2,OTC!$A:$A,OTC!$C:$C,0),
              XLOOKUP(A2,NewSevicecharges!$A:$A,NewSevicecharges!$C:$C,0)))

Try to copy it into row 2 of your spreadsheet, typing it in is really a last resort even a single character out or place would break it.

Upvote 0
It worries me a little that Filter isn't working properly for you. I would have thought Let would not be working either.
If Let does work then you could try this.

Excel Formula:
=LET(xTM,XLOOKUP(A2,'T&M'!$A:$A,'T&M'!$C:$C,"NF"),
        xOTC,XLOOKUP(A2,OTC!$A:$A,OTC!$C:$C,"NF"),
        xNewSvc,XLOOKUP(A2,NewSevicecharges!$A:$A,NewSevicecharges!$C:$C,"NF"),
        IF(AND(xTM="NF",xOTC="NF",xNewSvc="NF"),"Not Found",SUM(xTM,xOTC,xNewSvc)))

If not and you really want to do it in one step you can try the below:
but it is doing all the lookups twice which could make the spreadsheet really slow.

Excel Formula:
= IF(AND(XLOOKUP(A2,'T&M'!$A:$A,'T&M'!$C:$C,"NF") = "NF",
       XLOOKUP(A2,OTC!$A:$A,OTC!$C:$C,"NF") = "NF",
            XLOOKUP(A2,NewSevicecharges!$A:$A,NewSevicecharges!$C:$C,"NF") = "NF"),
    "Not Found",
     SUM(XLOOKUP(A2,'T&M'!$A:$A,'T&M'!$C:$C,0),
              XLOOKUP(A2,OTC!$A:$A,OTC!$C:$C,0),
              XLOOKUP(A2,NewSevicecharges!$A:$A,NewSevicecharges!$C:$C,0)))

Try to copy it into row 2 of your spreadsheet, typing it in is really a last resort even a single character out or place would break it.
I copied both formulas to my spreadsheet on my windows machine. The first one is giving me a #VALUE! error, the second one works like a charm! :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbomb1414

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back