Implementing a Stopwatch in Excel...

traversd

Board Regular
Can anyone help me with a little project I've dreamed up ?

I need to be able to make an accurate stopwatch in Excel, I want to be able to time a load of Ice Hockey players doing sprints using a laptop on the ice. Excel is perfect cos I can then have a list of players, and just click the button next to the name for them to start..then stop the time. and the Dt is there loaded.

My ultimate goal would be to then modify the code and have have a hardware circuit connected to the parallel port so that the timing could be donw with an external circuit triggering the stopwatch. I'm lookinf for something accurate to hundredths of a second.

Is this possible with Excel and VBA ? Can anyone help start me off ?

Cheers
Darren

Excel Facts

When did Power Query debut in Excel?
Although it was an add-in in Excel 2010 & Excel 2013, Power Query became a part of Excel in 2016, in Data, Get & Transform Data.
Wow Some right answers in there !

For my initial purposes Tusharm's small piece of code is perfect.

I can have my list of players and time them all sequentially using the 1 and TAB method.

It might not be the same for the running example, but for the present my Timings don't need to be super accurate, I am looking for a tool to baseline the performace of my team and record improvement. As long as it can give a reasonably accurate time with a couple tenths of a second.

Mind you if they improve sunstantially, those tenths are going to need to be acccurate !!

Thanks to all. :pary:

Regards
Darren

Upvote 0
hi,
I am having trouble getting these codes to work. sometimes it is the dubugger and sometimes nothing happens. Would someone be able to email me a worksheet with the code inputted as I fear it is my ineptitude that is preventing them from working,
cheers
Harry

Upvote 0
Don't type in the code yourself. Just copy it from the web site and paste it into the appropriate VBA module.

Upvote 0
Tusharm,
Could a cell be set to start timer tapping cell on a touch screen tablet, iOS or Windows
Rows 1,2,3,not in the formula
Column A, Process being timed,(unlimited possible processes)
Column B, Time (stopwatch) elapsed time,format whole seconds,no decimals,tap cell to start,tap cell to stop,double tap reset
Column C, Yes/No
Column D, =if(C4=FALSE,B4,0)
Thankyou

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigPaws

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back