Import Data

thesuggs76

Board Regular
Hi All
I'm importing data from an Excel spreadsheet into an Access table. However when i do it I get an Import Error table, as there is an error with a few of the columns. This does not happen all the time however there are 3 columns which have both numbers and letters, but with other columns it does work. I've check the format of these and I've changed the cells that are affected but no joy.
Any suggestions???

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.

alansidman

Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
You will have more control over the input if you convert the Excel file to a text (.csv) file and then import it. When you do this, you can set the type of field you wish to have for each Excel column. What is happening now, is that because you have a mixed format in your Excel column, Access is guessing as to the type of data and for the cells that don't meet that format type, it is kicking out an error.

During your import of the .csv file, click on the advanced control and select how you want the data imported.

Alan

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AW2020

This Week's Hot Topics