Import MS Team Members to Excel Spreadsheet

EdwardSurrey

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Is there away in Excel to import a list of members of a Teams Site? I thought about perhaps using the Microsoft Graph API to do it.

In my company, we create lots of Team Sites and in Excel I want a simple way of being able to drop down to choose people who are in that team.

People get added to the Team Site as the project goes on so I need this approach to be dynamic and be updatable at the touch of a button.

Currently we have to type out all the names and job titles.

Excel Facts

Copy a format multiple times
Select a formatted range. Double-click the Format Painter (left side of Home tab). You can paste formatting multiple times. Esc to stop
Maybe this can help. I have not tried it at work, but this was the first thing that came to mind.

And a third one:

Upvote 0
@GraH Thanks for your help. That second link definitely solves part of the problem.

The issue is, the Excel Spreadsheet where I want this information deposited will vary. I can't specify the location or Team ID etc in the flow itself. I need a way to pass that information dynamically from Excel to the Power Automate flow. Is that possible?

Upvote 0
Honestly, totally clueless here.
Power automate for sure can handle the variable, but if there is a way to trigger a flow from an excel variable input cell, I would not know.

Upvote 0
Honestly, totally clueless here.
Power automate for sure can handle the variable, but if there is a way to trigger a flow from an excel variable input cell, I would not know.
Thanks for getting back to me.

I have actually managed it by using an Office Script in the 'Automate' tab of Excel, which triggers a Power Automate flow. In the headers of the trigger it hands over the information it needs (Teams ID, folder structure, filename), and the flow uses that to then query the members list and the amend the Excel file with their names etc.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anshu121

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back