Importing Data

purceld2

Office Version
  1. 2013
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi

I have a issue importing data from a text file.

After analysing the data that has been exported from program into a Txt file The program is reporting duplicate audio files issue is it reports them on one line in the Txt file (see below)

H:\New Music Library\000 Music Selected To Play WhatsApp Group\Aretha Franklin\15 - Oh No Not My Baby.mp3 H:\New Music Library\New CD\11. 11 Oh No Not My Baby.mp3 H:\New Music Library\0000 New Music Feb 2021 No 5\Oh No Not My Baby.mp3

1667217788546.png

When I attempt to import into a spreadsheet I would like imported as displayed below

Duplicate Export Perfect Tunes.xlsx
A
1H:\New Music Library\000 Music Selected To Play WhatsApp Group\Aretha Franklin\15 - Oh No Not My Baby.mp3
2H:\New Music Library\New CD\11. 11 Oh No Not My Baby.mp3
3H:\New Music Library\0000 New Music Feb 2021 No 5\Oh No Not My Baby.mp3
4H:\New Music Library\test\Aretha Franklin - Oh No Not My Baby.mp3
5H:\New Music Library\test\Aretha Franklin - Oh No Not My Baby - 1.mp3
6H:\New Music Library\0000 New Music Feb 2021 No 5\Aretha Franklin - Oh No Not My Baby.mp3
Sheet1_Transpose1

I have Office 2021 and no matter what I try it imports as follows

Duplicate Export Perfect Tunes.xlsx
ABCDEF
1Column1Column2Column3Column4Column5Column6
2H:\New Music Library\000 Music Selected To Play WhatsApp Group\Aretha Franklin\15 - Oh No Not My Baby.mp3H:\New Music Library\New CD\11. 11 Oh No Not My Baby.mp3H:\New Music Library\0000 New Music Feb 2021 No 5\Oh No Not My Baby.mp3H:\New Music Library\test\Aretha Franklin - Oh No Not My Baby.mp3H:\New Music Library\test\Aretha Franklin - Oh No Not My Baby - 1.mp3H:\New Music Library\0000 New Music Feb 2021 No 5\Aretha Franklin - Oh No Not My Baby.mp3
_AREE8 tmp

I note form the data that the line braks are either 2 spaces or the H:\ string. How can I get it to work on this basis?

Regards

Desmond

Excel Facts

How can you automate Excel?
Press Alt+F11 from Windows Excel to open the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) editor.
Don't see the line breaks in the 2nd picture, but if there ARE actually line breaks, right click on the column and select Replace Values and use the Replace using special characters under Advanced options to specify a line break #(lf). If that doesn't work, try Carriage Return, Carriage Return and Line Feed, and Non-breaking space (the worst of the lot!).

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-10-31 142345.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-10-31 142345.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 5
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mm424

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back