In the realm of possibility?

yevlar

I had an idea, and I was just wondering if it's possible. I know how to export an Excel sheet as an HTML document so that web users can view it, change it, and save it as another Excel document. However, I noticed that with this method, any VB scripts used in Excel are not ported to the HTML document.

Is it possible to create a web page that will allow a user to view, use, and edit information from the Excel sheet, including any interactivity therein (including any drop-down menus, check boxes) PLUS have functioning VB scripting, AND will also save any changes to the ORIGINATING Excel sheet, NOT a new document?

My guess would be that this would involve an insane amount of scripting in ASP or Java or Perl or some other scripting language compatible with HTML, but is such interactivity possible?

Excel Facts

Select a hidden cell
Somehide hide payroll data in column G? Press F5. Type G1. Enter. Look in formula bar while you arrow down through G.
Since you hae not received an answer, I will give you my opinion. Yes, it should be doable. However, since you give only a general idea of what you are thinking of, I believe no one will be able to help you further. And, even if you give a very detailed description of your need, it may still appear to be an excessive amount of work, and may require you to hire or consult with a professional.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hat4Life

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back